NOVEMBER 25, 2023

I didn't know that being an old soul is never welcome in this "Modern World"

I was about to write her a letter just like we always do when we we're kids but in my great surprise she told me it's "outdated" and "cringe"

Ugh I felt so damn sick. She knows that sometimes I can't say everything I want verbally and only through written words I can express myself. It's quiet sad knowing that she didn't even kept at least one of the letters I've sent. I wonder why I keep on holding on to these countless letters that almost fill in my shoe box. I can't throw it away, it reminds me of the times where they've handed it to me smiling. Thinking their efforts while writing those letters just makes me want to keep it in a safe place. Letters aren't that bad, why did they stopped doing it? I keep on writing though and if I know they're all laughing at that.

I didn't know that being an old soul is never welcome in this "Modern World"

I remember back when I was in highschool, someone opened my bag and saw a bible. Until now I'm still wondering what's so funny that they almost die laughing at me. I always have a bible and a rosary with me, what's wrong with that? And since they are highlighting the word "Modern" I did upgrade. I left the bible at home and downloaded a Bible app on my phone. No one made a word yet I could still see someone making fun of that. 

I didn't know that being an old soul is never welcome in this "Modern World"

I don't want to disturb someone to listen to my rants and so my journal exist. However, there are still some people who thinks that I'm too emotional to bleed. That I better keep everything to myself 'coz no one cares. But I've had enough of them, no one cares yet they're out there watching waiting for me to mess up.

I didn't know that being an old soul is never welcome in this "Modern World" — No. Let me rephrase that.

"I didn't know that people don't want to experience the magical feeling of receiving letters"

"I didn't know that people don't understand the power of prayers"

"I didn't know that people would love to mind someone else's business"

I'm sorry but in this MODERN WORLD where they all want to be the same, I'd choose to be different. Whether they hate me for not following the crowd or judge me for not reaching the standards. I don't give a damn.

RAIN