Chapter 40

AN: Alright guys so this chapters a little longer and hope you don't mind. Also as promised here's your warning that there's some mature content in this chapter. So if that makes anybody uncomfortable feel free to skip that part (you'll know when).

Enjoy!

By the middle of the month Bakugo found himself struggling to keep his mind on the current task at hand, meaning the impromptu study session he and Uraraka had scheduled that day after coming back from their work studies.

Anytime they had available they made it a point to spend time together whether it was training with their friends, eating, or even studying- which is what they were supposed to be doing, but instead found themselves on her bed lip locked and panting for air.

"Ochaco?"

"Hmm?"

"We really need to study."

Nodding she coyly bit her lip before pulling him back in for another searing kiss. "I know...it's just..." Running her hands up and under the back of his shirt she smiled against his mouth in satisfaction when she felt goosebumps trickled up and down his back as he gave a slight shudder when he felt her trying to lift his shirt up.

Swiftly getting to his knees, he took a deep breath in hopes of calming his racing heart and clearing his head.

"What's wrong?" she knit her brows together at the loss of contact the moment he pulled away and lifted herself on her elbows to study his reaction.

Running his hand through his spikes he swiftly sat himself back on the ground and leaned against her bed with a heavy sigh. This wasn't the first time he felt this way but call him crazy, but he had his slight suspicions that she was getting more and more upset about it too and frankly wasn't sure why. "Just really need to get ready for this test coming up."

Pouting, she reluctantly started to gather her scattered notebooks on her bed and laid on her stomach. "I don't know what you're so worried about, it's not like you've ever gotten anything below an A." she mumbled.

"Right, and I'm not about to start now." He smirked looking over the book before checking his answers.

Skimming over the pages for a few minutes Uraraka lifted her hand in order to stifle a yawn. It's not like she didn't mind studying, but she really didn't like studying about all the new quirk laws and regulations the government was putting in place. "I don't see why we have to study this, it's not much different from what we read before with some exceptions of course."

"Always better to be thorough Angel face."

"I know, it's just...some of these still don't make sense to me." She absently ran her fingers through his hair, a habit she found she enjoyed, and knew he didn't mind either since she would catch him close his eyes from time to time with a peaceful and relaxed expression on his face.

"Such as?"

"Well, they've raised the consequences of someone using their quirks unlicensed out in public. Going as far as locking them up and paying a hefty fine for it even for people who can't afford it. I get why they're doing this, but what if there are no heroes around and they need to save someone from falling or even keep their house from burning down in an instant, or..."

"Ochaco-"

"No, I know that if someone loses control, they could seriously hurt someone especially without proper training, but I guess what I'm trying to say is... that I see both points of view."

"Don't you always." He spoke over his shoulder just as she stuck her tongue out. "Listen the reason as to 'why' is just like you said. Not everyone knows how to take full control of their quirks or it's just too powerful for them to even handle. Hell, I can't even begin to tell you how many things I exploded when mine first manifested. I was so fuckin scared to even touch anything or anyone for the longest time- not even my parents. But I made sure I never showed how much it really freaked me out, knowing I had something so powerful... that with just one wrong move I could kill someone. And knowing that as a little kid was just terrifying..." he said tilting his head back and feeling her soft fingers rack soothingly through his thick hair.