Kol Mikaelson- Fireworks

//Imagine being bestfriends with Klaus and he invites you to the Mikaelson ball where you meet Kol, and he instantly becomes interested with you//

"It'll be fun!" Nik persisted. "Besides, you haven't seen Rebekah or Elijah in a while, and you haven't even met Kol."
"Alright, alright, I'll go! But I refuse to third wheel with you and Caroline." You teased playfully, giggling through the phone.
"No promises." He chuckled back. Nik had invited you to the annual Mikaelson ball, arriving at the mansion, you walked through the doors and found the party to be in full swing. Gorgeous ball gowns twirling around the marble floor and an incredibly elegant chandelier hanging in the centre of the room.
Awkwardly smoothing out the dress, you wandered further into the room in search of Niklaus.
"y/n!" He called. Spinning around, you found him by one of the windows, arm linked around Caroline's while he spoke to his sister Rebekah.
"Hey Nik, Rebekah," You paused, wiggling your eyebrows at Caroline teasingly, "Caroline." You greeted in a hushed, playful tone. Whatever 'thing' her and Nik had been having was on the down low, but you always teased her about it. Playfully, of course. She opened her eyes widely as she faked-glared at you, the smile on her face ruining the illusion.
"Niklaus informs me you have yet to meet our brother Kol, y/n." Rebekah asks.
"No, I haven't met him yet."
"Ah, well I must introduce you. That and help you escape having to witness the 'PDA' thats happening over here." She joked toward Klaus and Caroline before grabbing your hand and ushering you away before Nik could scold her for embarrassing him.
You walked around with her for a minute or two as she searched for her brother. The two of you giggling as you wandered around the ballroom, cracking small jokes about Nik. Rebekah was a closer friend than you had once remembered, it had been too long since you had spent time with her.
"Dear sister, what has you so giddy this evening?" A voice speaks from behind you.
"Kol," Rebekah sighs as you both turn around, his eyes instantly meeting yours. "We were poking fun at Niklaus." She smiled.
"That's always fun." He grinned happily, still gazing at you. "I don't believe we've met," He smirked, gently taking a hold of your hand and bringing it to his lips. "Kol Mikaelson."
"y/n y/l/n." You replied softly.
Rebekah watched on, and noticed her brother's gaze on you. Deciding to leave the two of you alone, she wandered off to find Elijah.
"So y/n, how does a creature as lovely as you become friends with someone such as Niklaus?" He joked, stifling back a laugh.
"Good question," You laughed, "He's alright. He just doesn't really understand how to handle situations without," You paused making a fist with your hand, "killing."
"Right you are." He smiled. The way he gazed at you, it made you feel a certain way, indescribable. It was like fireworks.
"So from that, I take it that you and Niklaus are just friends?" He asked a little more quietly.
"Oh yes, yes, of course. I'd never think of him any other way." You assured him.
"I'm glad you said that." He spoke, the grin on his face growing larger. "May I have this dance?" He smiled, holding an arm out for you to take, which you more than happily did.
"You certainly may." You smirked back.
The two of you glided across the ballroom, his eyes never leaving yours, gazing at you with pure admiration. His arm rested securely behind the small of your back, pulling you ever so slightly closer to him, the gesture making you blush. You'd never danced so effortlessly before, it was like he just radiated strength and support and you couldn't remember a time you had felt that way about someone.
As the song came to an end, he suddenly pulled you flush against his body, and brought your lips to his in a soft kiss. The applause began to ring for the many couples on the dance floor, and you took this as your queue to slowly pull away and curtsy toward him as he bowed, just as all the other couples had done.
Taking his arm once again, you both began to walk back to where you had been earlier, a knowing smile plastered on his face.
"You intrigue me, y/n."
"As do you, Kol."

Here it is! My first imagine! It's been a long time coming so thank you for being patient with me :) I've had Kol imagines requested before so I really hope you all like it!
Requests are still open for imagines, and I am still writing preferences but they will remain the four main characters I usually cover; Stefan, Damon, Klaus, and Elijah.. Whereas the imagines can be anyone :)
Thank you all so sO SO SO MUCH FOR 70K!! :')