Damon Salvatore- Rest of my life

//It's your birthday, and the Mystic Falls gang distract you while Damon puts together his plan to propose //

"Happy Birthday!" Caroline shrieked as she sprung through the door and almost tackled you to the ground in a hug. You chuckled at her actions and stumbled a little before hugging her back- looking over her shoulder, you saw the rest of the Mystic Falls gang standing by your front door.

"Yeah, what are you now? Like- 130?" Tyler mused playfully, a smug grin consuming his face as Caroline finally released you from the embrace and stood by your side excitedly.

"Yeah, something like that." You laughed back.

"Happy Birthday, y/n." Elena smiled warmly as she pulled you into a hug, her calm demeanor very different to that of Caroline's approach.

"Thank you." You beamed happily as she pulled away, only for you to be quickly wrapped into another rib-crushing embrace by Stefan, your long-time best friend.

"There's the birthday girl." He grinned cheerfully, causing you to laugh as you hugged him back.

>>

Almost the whole gang had turned up, but you couldn't help but wonder where Damon was. He had been there in the morning, waking up by your side before pressing a quick kiss to your lips and wishing you a 'Happy birthday'- But then, nothing.

>>

"Wow, big turnout." You mused as you looked over at your friends.

"Bonnie, Matt and Jeremy are meeting us at the grill later. But in the meantime, Elena and I need to go with you to find you a new dress to wear. So let's go!" She beamed, virtually pulling you out of the door as you chuckled at her antics, Elena following closely behind humorously.

>>

The three of you sat sifting through dozens upon dozens of dresses as Caroline's 'you have to try these on' pile got bigger with each passing minute.

"Here! Try these ones! You'd look super hot in this number." She winked, holding up a dress before you stepped behind the curtain of the dressing room.

Putting on the dress, you turned around and gave yourself a once over in the mirror before hearing whispers from the other side of the small room.

"Is something wrong?" You asked, pulling back the curtain to see your two, very guilty looking friends.

"No, we were just- trying to find some more dresses for you to try on." Elena spoke quickly.

"Yeah, more dresses." Caroline added with a weary grin as Elena nudged her in the arm, shooting her a slight glare.

"Okay?" You laughed light-heartedly, "But I think I like this one." You finished, showing them your dress.

"But you didn't, um- You didn't try on the rest!" Caroline fumbled over her words, shoving the pile of dresses in front of you.

"That's alright, maybe you might like one of them." You spoke calmly, shuffling back behind the curtain to change out of the dress.

>>

Paying for your outfit, Caroline and Elena grew more and more anxious with each passing minute.

"Hey! y/n!" A voice called out, Tyler. The girls visibly relaxed as he made an appearance.

"There you are! C'mon, I'm taking you to my football game." He beamed, reaching for your hand and pulling you with him.

"Oh, I didn't know you had a game in the middle of the day. Aren't they usually they're in the evening?"