You're a werewolf

Stefan: It was a total and complete accident. He came at you in a drunken fit of rage- you retaliated out of instinct, and that was all that was there to it. Just one, simple mistake had cost him his life, and you; your dignity. But your now lack of self worth after committing the dastardly act was nothing in comparison to the curse that had been awoken inside of you- the monster that had been triggered.

>>

Your breath hitched in your throat as the boys now lifeless body slumped onto the ground in a heap. You froze, hesitating before rushing to his side, rolling his eerily still figure over in a blind panic- trying to find any signs of life, but none being clear.

"No, no- please. C'mon, wake up." You cooed frantically- assessing the damage caused. Blood trickled from his temple, rolling down his face to settle in the alcohol induced sweat that had gathered in his hairline- your hands flung to your mouth. He was dead. You had killed him.

>>

The pounding of the music from downstairs only aided in throbbing of your head as you came to terms with what had happened. Stefan burst through the door- having heard your heartbeat pick up as he searched for you through the crowded home- the party still raging on.

"Y/N, what happened?" He asked in worry- running to you and examining your fear-stricken face. Following your shaky gaze, he glanced back over his shoulder and was met with the boy; his empty stare fallen lifelessly upon the carpet as he remained slumped to the floor. But his study of the body was cut short when you gasped in pain, falling to your knees as you clutched your head, groaning. Stefan followed suit, dropping to your side as he placed his hands on either side of your face, bending down to get a better look at you- trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Y/N? Y/N what's wrong?!" He pressed, his face careworn. An inward cry escaped your lips as your brows further furrowed- your eyes squinting shut in agony. "Y/N?" He repeated.

Your cries faded away until all that remained was the deep, heavy breaths that wracked your body. With a gentle hand, he lifted your chin up and your eyes suddenly snapped open to reveal a muted gold haze where a deep Y/E/C usually lay. He knew these eyes. They were still yours- but, something was very different. These were the eyes of instinct- of hunger and loyalty. These were the eyes of a werewolf.

>>

"I don't- how is this even possible?" You cried fearfully, and in shock after the initial trigger into lycanthropy had subsided.

"There must be someone else in your family with the werewolf gene." He spoke, deep in thought. You sniffled, wiping at your eyes- a sound that brought him out of his train of thought. "Hey," He cooed, grasping your hands in his. Your tearful gaze left your lap and you met his eyes. "Everything's gonna be okay. You'll be okay."

"But what about you?" You spoke, "What about everybody else? One bite is all it takes, Stefan." His brows knit together as he took in your words, your hands leaving his as you stood up- beginning to pace the room anxiously.

"And, I-I don't think I could live with myself if anything happened." You sobbed, your voice cracking. Stefan shot up at the sight in front of him, bringing you into his arms and holding you to his chest as you too, wrapped your arms around him- settling your face on his chest.

"You can learn control- just like Tyler did. You can get through this, Y/N." He began, "And I'll be right here with you, every step of the way."