Damon Salvatore- Spunk

//Being human and having a love/hate relationship with Damon. Then when you get hurt, he realizes just how much he cares for you//

"Damon, you're like 150, please." You scoffed as you held the green dress up to the light, inspecting the fabric.

He furrowed his brows at the tone in your voice, and your lack of faith in his fashion choices.

"I'm telling you; red is the way to go." He shrugged his shoulders. But with a roll of your eyes, you dismissed his opinion.

"Don't you have someone else to harass?" You dead-panned.

This was usually how it went. Damon would make an unsolicited comment, you would give him sass in return, and he would admit defeat with a cocky smirk that screamed: passive-aggressive.

"Fine, if you want to show up dressed like a tree, then be my guest." He mused, cocking his head to the side.
With yet another roll of your eyes and an exasperated sigh, you ignored his words.

"Remind me again why you're forcing me to go to this?" He queried with annoyance.

"Hey," You spoke pointedly, "I don't particularly want you there either. But you're apart of one of the founding families- I don't make the rules."

"There's a vampire hunter on the loose. What if he's in the mood to party? It's not like I could kill him." He argued frustratingly, clearly not as excited to be making an appearance. Though he wasn't afraid of the hunter- he just didn't want to go.

"Damon," You groaned, grabbing him by the shoulders as he scowled, "it's two hours max- you'll get over it

"Damon," You groaned, grabbing him by the shoulders as he scowled, "it's two hours max- you'll get over it. Besides, I'm the one who will have to put up with Mayor Lockwood if one of the founding families is down a member at her beloved pageant."

>>

Damon never did like formal events- he hated them. They reminded him of the past; a topic he'd very much enjoy to let sink beneath the waves.

But yet, he'd pulled himself together, and showed up- not having a choice really. So there he stood, suit-clad, scowl: on, and annoyed to say the very least.

 So there he stood, suit-clad, scowl: on, and annoyed to say the very least