Damon Salvatore- Remember me? PART 3

"Have we met?" He asked, unsure as to why the Y/H/C girl before him seemed so familiar

You laughed lightly- airily as you fought through your current sate of shock, glancing away at the irony of his question.

You couldn't believe it was him- your Damon. He was alive. Well- a vampire- but alive! The thought brought a tear to your eye.

"Something like that." You grinned with a sad smile.
You truly wanted to just take it all away- the compulsion- every last bit of it.

But would that be selfish of you?

Would reentering his life on such terms be an inconvenience to everything he has built for himself since your departure?

Or would he still love you enough to just be happy that you had finally found each other after all these years?

The music had shifted to a soft sway, and as you pulled your gaze away from the Salvatore- your heart still beating wildly in your chest- he offered you an arm.

"Ms." He trailed off, unspokenly asking for your name as he bowed gentlemanly.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You curtsied, amused. Hearing your name made something shift within his mind, but he brushed it aside.

"Well, Ms. Y/L/N, shall we?" He asked, noticing couples begin to partner up around the two of you. You smiled up at him, as the gesture brought back a tsunami of memories.

"We certainly shall."

>>

Gliding across the dance floor, you could not bring yourself to believe this was reality.

"So," Damon began with a smirk as he glanced at you from the corner of his eye. "How exactly is it that we know each other?" He finished, his smile making it seem like he didn't quite believe the existence of your past together.

But how could he?

"It's a long story." You smiled to yourself at the thought. Still unsure as to whether or not you should tell him- whether or not you would simply be a burden.

"We've got time." He quipped, grinning down at you as you continued to sway across the floor- his arm around your waist, while your hand rested on his shoulder. You let out a breathy chuckle.

"1864." You began finally- hesitantly. He listened. "I came to town, and your father let me stay in your home. After I compelled him of course." You added. He spun you outward and pulled you back into his chest.