You reunite after centuries apart

Stefan: You never wanted to leave Stefan. But you had no choice. You had already been a vampire when you first met, only for a year, but a vampire none the less, although he didn't know that.

You did everything together. Everyday you would go over to the Salvatore boarding house and spend time with Stefan. He had just been turned when your mother dragged you away, saying that, with Jonathan Gilbert lurking around town, you weren't safe. So you fled, leaving everything behind, without even getting the chance to say goodbye, which left you even more broken hearted.

Stefan couldn't understand why you left. He completely broke down when his brother told him you and your mother had fled. He managed to get his vampirism under control, but it was hard without having his motivation; you.

164 years later, and he still missed you. He spent almost a hundred years trying to find you, but gave up, thinking that you would have passed away already, unaware that you were in fact a vampire, alive and well. He treasured every second he got to spend with you, and kept every letter you once wrote him, along with the necklace you left behind in your home when you left town. He kept these small trinkets, thinking that they were the only reminder in the world, that true love really did exist, but his chance had slipped through his fingers. That's what he thought, up until you came back to Mystic Falls. Until you came back home.

Spending all that time being sheltered by your mother, it was almost as if you were being held against your will. In her eyes, keeping you safe, meant keeping you with her. And as much as you loved her, you couldn't help but feel happiness to some degree when you ran away.

You decided on heading back to Mystic Falls. Thinking the Salvatore's would long have left there by now, but you thought that it might be a good starting point to find Stefan, doing some research on 'founding families'. Although you were absolutely petrified of seeing him again, you had to try.

Catching multiple buses, trains, and hitchhiking, you finally arrived at Mystic Falls. It was almost unrecognizable. So you wondered down the streets until you came across a restaurant of sorts, 'The Mystic Grill'.

You walked in and sat down at the bar.

"Afternoon." A young, blonde boy beamed from behind the bar, swinging a towel over his shoulder.

"Sorry, but are you new in town? I don't think I've seen you around before." He asked kindly.

"Just got back, it's been awhile." You smiled, looking around the bar.

"Well, welcome back." He chimed, "Matt." He spoke, holding out his hand for you to shake.

"y/n." You smiled back, shaking his hand.

"Good to meet you. So, what can I get you?" He asked.

"Just a water, thank you." You grinned.

Taking small sips from your water, you put the glass down and began to twirl the straw around the cup, staring aimlessly at the wall. Suddenly, a familiar chuckle echoed through the bar, and your breathing came to a sudden stop. Stefan.

He was here. In Mystic Falls. Not only that, but he was in the same place as you. You completely froze, your eyes widening and your skin loosing its colour from shock. How does one walk back into the life of their soulmate after a century?

Matt noticed your stance and turned around from the sink.

"y/n? Are you okay?" He asked. Stefan's head immediently shot up at the sound of your name. Carefully, slowly, you stood up from the bar stool and turned around, instantly meeting Stefan's eyes from across the room.