Elijah (& Klaus)- Conflicted PART 2

//Klaus daggers Elijah, and you turn off your humanity- consecutively breaking the sire bond. When Elijah comes back, so do your emotions, and you realise where your feelings truly lie//

Klaus was livid. The girl he loved -you- had fallen for his brother. But with envy and a great sense of betrayal filtering the contents of his minds eye, what little faith he had left had prompted the idea of restoration- urging him to set things 'right'.

>>

Elijah felt as if he was in ruins. His morals had run wild, and his feelings for you were tearing him apart. He hated the idea of hurting Niklaus by being with you, but he hated the idea of not being with you even more.

So what with all he had done for his brother in his lifetime- his family- all the pain and backstabbing he'd endured, all the sacrifices he had to make and all the messes he had to clean up, he decided that he was deserving of a little selfishness, just this once.

But as you and Elijah basked in your evergreen romance, Niklaus set out for blood.

>>

"What do you think?" You asked nonchalantly as you held the dress up to your body, studying your reflection in the floor length mirror in your now shared room. Elijah had promised to take you out on a date; planning to show you the pure beauty of his favourite city.

"I love it." Elijah smiled. The words left his lips in all but a faint hush as his adoring gaze raked over your features in the reflection. You caught his eye in the mirror, turning around and meeting his stare with the same amount of love. You discarded the garment onto the bed before striding toward the original, wrapping your arms around the back of his neck- his resting on your waist.

You exhaled, a hint of an airy chuckle escaping through your lips as you did so. Reaching up to place a quick kiss to his lips, you shimmied of his hold and back to your dressing table, leaving him smitten and almost silently chuckling to himself at your innocent teasing.

"I'll just be a moment, I'll meet you downstairs." You announced with a coy smile.

>>

Straightening out the cuffs of his suit, Elijah patiently, yet anxiously waited for you. Never could he recall a time when a woman had such an effect on him- had caused his heart to flutter at the sound of her voice, or his lips to almost automatically curl into a smile at the very sight of her. Never could he recall a time when he had felt so human.

"Waiting for Y/N, I assume?"  Niklaus spoke up, leaning against the counter- his face contorted into a scowl as he made his presence clear to his brother.

"If you must know, yes." Elijah replied, not even moving to glance at Niklaus, for he knew the tension was far too thick between them for any innocence to surpass.

"Are you happy?" Klaus grimaced, unfolding his arms as he stood tensely. "You've taken her from me and I've yet to see even the slightest ounce of guilt."

"I took nothing, Niklaus." Elijah spoke matter-of-factly, anger raising in his voice as he turned to face his brother. "She left."

"She left because she's sired to you! Don't you see that?!" Klaus spat, "Y/N doesn't love you, she has no other choice." Elijah felt his chest pang with hurt at the revelation, yet he wouldn't stand for such irrational reasonings.