Elijah Mikaelson- Decisions, decisions (Part 2)

The plan was in action. Bonnie was alive and willing to betray Silas. He had already been force fed the cure, Katherine's blood. Elena and Damon feeding it to him as a way to both revive him, and render him mortal. Still a witch, but mortal. Everything was running smoothly. Amara, his long lost love, had been awoken, and all that was left to do, was kill him.

He had contacted Bonnie telepathically and requested she meet him in the forest so they could begin working together, as he knew, with their powers combined, they would be unstoppable. Little did Silas know, Bonnie had another idea in mind. Telling everyone of his request to meet, they came up with the final step of the plan.

Using Amara as bait, they had secured her to a tree where Silas expected Bonnie would meet him. Amara, the poor girl, being so emotionally unstable, and so sick of living a life she never wanted, agreed to the plan, wanting nothing more than to be free of her immortal life. To die.

The time had come, Damon and Elena sat back, ready to jump in to help in case anything went wrong. Stefan waited behind a nearby tree, readying attack, and Elijah stood by warily, thinking not only of you and how he could bring you back into his arms, but his hatred for Silas and all the pain the immortal had caused him.

"Elijah, we'll get her back buddy. Don't worry." Damon almost whispered, his brows furrowing as he patted him on the back as a sort of comfort while they waited for Silas to show.

"Bonnie!" A voice boomed, echoing through the woods. "Bonnie Bennett!" Silas. The group quieted, awaiting his next move. Amara's muffled sobs filled the silence, catching Silas' attention almost instantly as he followed the sound of the girl's cries. "Amara." He breathed suddenly, turning a corner and finding her bound to a tree. Forgetting all about his attempted alliance with the Bennett witch, he rushed forward, untying the ropes that bound her wrists together and pulling the material down from her mouth. Pulling his hand up to her face lovingly, tears trickling down her cheeks, she did the same, weakly caressing his face.

"I loved you," She sobbed, taking a moment to look at him. "I still do." Smiling weakly, tears welled up in his eyes as he looked at his long lost love. "But I can't live any longer." She whimpered, Silas' tears finally escaping his eye's at her confession. Gently guiding her face closer to his, he rested his forehead on hers.

"I understand." He finally breathed, ever so quietly. She nodded solemnly, savouring her last moments with her only love. He pulled out a knife from his back pocket and held it loosely to her neck. His breath uneven and shaky, his face overcome with tears. He couldn't do it. Willing himself to continue, for her, he pressed harder on the blade, blood trickling from her neck when suddenly, Stefan sped in, ripping Silas away from Amara and holding him by his throat against a nearby tree. He gasped for breath, swatting at Stefan's hands before raising one of his own. Stefan dropped to the ground in pain, everyone else in the vicinity feeling the affects of Silas' power as well, rendering them all helpless.

"What's it like to die?" Silas breathed maliciously, "You must have done it what, a thousand times over the summer?"

"Stop it." Stefan pleaded.

"Stop? I spent two thousand years alone in a tomb. Much like y/n will now that I know you have all betrayed me." Elijah's heart dropped at his words as anger bubbled away inside of him, he was lying, he had to be. Stefan began inching closer and closer to the knife Silas had dropped earlier, finally grasping it in his hand.

"Torture, isn't it?" He mocked, before Stefan sent the blade flying into his chest. Sucking in a sharp breath, his power came to a stop as he dropped to the ground.

"Silas!" Amara cried out, desperately trying to free herself from the ropes that bound her waist to the tree. Composing themselves after taking in the full affects of the brain aneurysm Silas had given them, everybody made their way forward, Elijah, however, sped forward, forcefully grabbing the collar of Silas' shirt as he lay on his death bed.

"Who put up the barriers?! How do I bring them down?!" He demanded furiously, slamming his weak figure into the ground. With nothing but a faint chuckle, Silas faded away, for good. "Silas!" Elijah screamed. Looking back to Bonnie worriedly, she simply gave him a solemn look, and shook her head wearily. His body tensed, not wanting any of them to see him in such a vulnerable state, he fled the scene and made his way to where you lay.

Upon arriving at the tomb, he had broken into tears, for fear of never being able to hold the love of his life again, or tell you how much he loved you, or how beautiful you were. All he could do was sit, and watch you deteriorate. He was completely helpless. Leaning just outside the doorway, he gazed into the tomb and saw your body lying where Silas' once did. His heart breaking more and more with each second he spent gazing at your lifeless figure. He brought his hands up and reached out for the barrier, only, nothing stopped him. It wasn't there. His tears stopped out of shock, and his heart beat quickened. Walking forward, his hands still out in front of him he realized, it was gone. The barrier was gone. Then it clicked. Silas had put it up by himself. He lied about the other witch. And now that he was gone, the barrier, and all spells once cast by him were gone too.
Eye's widening in shock, Elijah sped into the tomb and toward your body in an instant, his hands hovering over the blade as his eye's scanned over you in worry. Pulling out the blade and carelessly letting it fall to the ground with a clang, he sat on the alter next to your figure, pulling you into his arms worryingly as he caressed your face. After a minute, the grey veins began to slowly fade away from your skin, and the colour had risen back to your cheeks. Elijah watched on anxiously, when all of a sudden, your eyes flung open, sucking in a deep breath and slightly sitting up, looking around in confusion, you woke up.
"y/n, love, it's okay, I'm here." Elijah soothed, running fingers through your hair as he pulled you tighter into his chest.
"E- Elijah." You croaked.
"I almost lost you." He breathed with a sigh of relief, pure happiness washing over him as he held you back in his arms.
"S- Silas, he-" You began, frightened.
"Shh, love, it's fine. Silas is gone. I promise you with every fibre in my being, I will not let anything harm you again." Elijah spoke with sincerity, tears welling up in his eyes as he thought of how he could of prevented this. If only he had been there. Pulling you flush against his chest as he held you, you wrapped your arms tightly around his neck as you rested your forehead against his.
"I love you, Elijah. So much." You breathed weakly.
"I love you too, y/n."

Part 2! I got a crazy amount of requests for this in both my comments and inbox, I hope you all enjoyed it!x :)