Damon(&Alaric)- Big Mouth PART 2

Ric's little outburst, while at the time infuriating to Damon, had spoken volume to the conflicted Salvatore

In fact, the more he pondered it, the more it made sense to him- and the more his confidence grew.

It was true that he still thought of you as too good for him- that would never change.

But now the voice in the back if his mind was louder than ever, screaming "Don't waste your time! Be selfish!". And after those three years of burying himself underneath self-doubt and insecurities, he finally listened to it.

>>

It was such a rush; when he finally came to terms with how he felt.

Sure, he knew he liked you- how you made him feel. The way your smile could persuade his own to make an appearance, or how the sound of your laughter made his hair stand on end in the very best of ways. But never had he taken the time to think about it as anything more than just that; a crush.

Though now, it was different. It was so much more than that.

And without a shadow of a doubt clouding his judgment, he found himself behind the wheel of the Camaro, heading straight for your house. His heart; full. But his head; a jumbled mess.

>>

You could still remember the first time you'd properly spoken to Damon.

~flashback~

He came along to the decade dance with the aim of helping catch Elena's mystery-stalker. But before all of the action unfolded, the dance still went on, and you were all in attendance.

You were still seated at the table when he asked the Gilbert girl to dance, and although you knew the things he'd done and the reputation he'd earned, you felt a pang of sympathy when she rejected him for Stefan.