Stefan Salvatore- Comfortable

//You break up with your boyfriend Tyler and go to your best friend Stefan for comfort-ending up falling asleep in his arms//

Stefan was everything you could have asked for in a friend, and more. But there were some things the younger Salvatore kept to himself; the dance moves he picked up in the 60's, his fond love of chocolate, and his feelings for you.

>>

"We're over- done." His words played on repeat throughout your mind for what seemed like hours, and it hurt.

You had broken up with your long-time boyfriend Tyler, well, he had broken up with you.

Now there was no doubt that your relationship with the Lockwood boy was rocky to say the very least, but you thought what you felt was real- was something special and unique. And not only had he left you, but he had up and left Mystic Falls all together- leaving you behind with nothing but a careless breakup to dwell on.

You were hurt. And even though you now understood his widespread reputation of being a total 'douchebag', and could clearly see where Bonnie was coming from when she said he was a 'jerk', your heart broke for him. So you turned to the only person you knew could cheer you up; Stefan.

>>

You barely had to knock before he sped downstairs to answer the door. But his giddy smile was short-lived once he caught sight of your unease.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" His brows furrowed and his eyes raked over you worriedly- as if searching for the cause of such sadness.

"Tyler, um-  broke up with me." You sighed lightheartedly with a passive aggressive laugh, raising your hands in a small shrug before dropping them back to your sides. Stefan's jaw set in place, and his eyes averted from you as he took in a deep breath. Despite his untold feelings for you, anger coursed through him as he thought of how ignorant and careless the Lockwood boy had been in letting someone like you go.

>>

"Are you okay?" He sympathized. You sat across from him on the couch- your legs curled under you and a cup of tea resting in your grip.

"I don't know. I mean- I can see now why everyone said he was a complete dick," you began, Stefan let out a breathy, sympathetic chuckle as he nodded at your statement, "But, it's just- when you're with someone for that long-" You trailed off, wiping away a couple of stray tears before they had a chance to fall. "Sorry." You chuckled.

"You don't need to apologize." He frowned, "But you're right; he is a complete dick." You giggled at his words- the sweet sound making a smile tug at his lips.

"I miss him, Stefan." You confessed, your words getting caught up in your throat as you suppressed your sadness. But all of that internal battling proved worthless when he saw that you needed someone, and couldn't take watching you suffer on your own- stepping forward and wrapping you in his arms.

You broke down, leaning into him as quiet streams of tears rolled down your cheeks and onto his shirt. A muted hush passed his lips as he comforted you, brushing a gentle hand over your hair- holding you to him. In any other context, the embrace would have left him with a smitten grin, but instead, all that crossed his sharp features was a sullen furrow of his brows as he thought of you feeling such a way.

>>

You had never felt more comfortable. Warmth wrapped it's way around you as you further curled into the firm surface, the sweet, familiar smelling fabric clutched loosely in your grip. A smile etched it's way onto your features before your eyes opened and you slowly woke up. The room was a blurred haze in your sleepy state, but you knew just as well that you were in the parlour of the ever-so familiar Salvatore boarding house.

Arms tightened around your waist, and you instinctively smiled to yourself, before the realization of your situation set in, and you quickly looked up to investigate who you had been cuddled up to. Your mind was put at ease when you saw Stefan's sleeping face leaning on the side of the couch- his arms still around you and your head on his chest. And it felt good- It felt like how you wanted to start every morning and end every night. It felt comfortable, and safe- like it's where you were supposed to be.

You felt him stir awake, and you suddenly sat up, instantly missing the contact but still feeling the tension between you.

"Oh- I- Sorry for- invading your personal space." You stuttered awkwardly with a airy laugh, brushing the hair from your face.

"No, no-" He countered, neither of you making sustained eye contact, "You fell asleep. I- didn't want to wake you." He chuckled, the embarrassment and untold feelings evident in you both. You looked up, finally meeting his gaze as your shy laughter came to a standstill and you were left smiling warmly at one another.

"Stefan?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."