67. Friends

It got silent. The only thing you could hear was the loud beat of your heart. It was going fast, so were Bucky's. You watched as your hand against his chest moved up and down. You were afraid to look anywhere else. This was very real. No longer a dream. No excuses. You were fully sober. This wasn't right...

"But I'm not any woman," you said, taking back your hand turning away.

You grabbed the plate and began cleaning up everything. Your heart was racing. Shit. Had you just rejected Bucky Barnes? You brushed the sponge harshly against the plate. It was a wonder it hadn't broken yet. You were compensating for the adrenaline that was pumping through your body.

"You sure are not," Bucky whispered.

He was entranced by you. You were truly not like any other woman he had seen. It was safe to say that Steve was a lucky man. Bucky knew better than to push. It wasn't his style. He could play around, but that's it. He understood you had drawn the line. He looked at you as you were cleaning the dishes. Your body language told him that you were nervous. It seemed hesitant.

He pressed his lips and turned away. He would give you space. He walked over to the couch and sat down. He turned on the tv. It was some late-night show on, with celebrities he had no knowledge of. However, he rather has their voices filling up the room than silence. It must have been 30 minutes now, and Steve was still not back. Bucky had a sneaking feeling that this no longer was a test, but that Steve would be gone for the rest of the evening.

You were done cleaning up. You had just spent the last 10 minutes in the corner silent afterwards. You realised that you couldn't just stand there, but you were also unsure about what to do. You knew you were going to give Steve at least an hour to come back before you potentially left. You shrugged low and slowly walked over to the couch were Bucky sat. You grabbed the controller and sat down on the other end of the couch. You changed channel. How I Met Your Mother, much better.

"What is this?" Bucky asked, starring at the screen.

"Just the best sitcom in the world," You looked at him in shock of not knowing.

Bucky laughed low. The two of you got silent again, just watching the show. Bucky liked the Marshall guy. He seemed cool. He did not like the main guy, he was too uptight. Bucky didn't even remember his name, but oh, Barney made him laugh. He could see why you liked this. He liked the sound of your laughter. It was so light.

"That guy... the main one, he is a bit annoying," Bucky said.

You laughed low and looked over at Bucky.

"You look alike," You spit.

Bucky looked over at you with a offended face expression.

"That's a low blow, even for you," He teased.

"Oh look, Friends are coming on now," you said.

He liked this. The two of you just talking together. It was calm. It was needed. The two of you continued watching this show called Friends. James actually liked this one better. The humour was more in his lane. He liked Joey the most, him and Phoebe made him laugh a lot. However, his favourite person was Monica. She seemed like the heart of the group, their friends just didn't see it.

"This show is most people's favourite actually," you said laughing at one of their jokes.

"Is it your favourite?" Bucky asked looking over at you.

You lifted your eyebrows thinking.

"I grew up on Seinfield, so I think it has to be my favourite," You said smiling over to him.

"Then we have to watch that," Bucky said sitting up.

"They don't show it on the tv anymore," You laughed low and stood up. You walked over to the fridge and got you and Bucky a can of soda each. You walked back and gave his. Now sitting down beside him. You trusted he wasn't going to bite you.

"Ay, your getting that old Y/n," Bucky teased you.

You poked him with your elbow to his side.

"You have some audacity telling me, I'm getting old," You laughed.

Bucky smiled as he looked back at the tv screen. He opened the can and took a sip. The two of you sat there for hours watching the various sitcoms appear through the night. It was getting apparent that Steve wasn't going to come back any soon. Bucky told himself he would leave after this next episode, when he suddenly noticed you fallen asleep on his shoulder.

You looked adorable.

Guess he could stay the night.