| Path to Memory Lane |

Please Vote then Read!

PARINIDHI

FLASHBACK

"So, what's the plan? Going to miss me?" I playfully teased Ajit as we disembarked from the cab outside the airport.

"Of course, but you know I'll be back before you even realize I'm gone," he replied with a smirk.

"Oh, really? Well, I'll hold you to that. And don't forget to call me when you land," I reminded him, trying to sound nonchalant despite the knot forming in my stomach.

"Wouldn't dream of forgetting. You'll be the first person I call," he assured me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Good, because I'll be waiting," I said, forcing a smile.

"Go home safely now, and take care," Ajit said, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead before uttering, "I love you, Pari."

"I love you too, Ajit," I replied, my voice filled with affection yet uncertainty lingered in the air. As I watched him disappear into the bustling airport crowd, I wiped away my tears, determined to stay focused.

Exiting the airport premises, I hailed a cab and made my way home, oblivious to the storm that awaited me.

Upon arriving, I found Rahul in a state of panic and immediately rushed to comfort him. It was then that he shared the news about his friend, Devansh's sister, who had attempted suicide and slipped into a coma during surgery.

Until that moment, Devansh had merely been a wealthy, arrogant businessman in my eyes. But now, I realised how little I truly knew about him.

As I focused on consoling Rahul, I heard approaching footsteps. Assuming it was my mother returning from the temple, I moved to open the door. But before I could react, the door burst open with a deafening bang, revealing Devansh and his men standing before me.

Without hesitation, I positioned myself in front of Rahul, shielding him from whatever danger Devansh and his companions brought with them.

Devansh's eyes met mine, registering shock and a hint of distress.

A wave of sadness swept across his features, leaving me bewildered by his sudden change.

Locked in that momentary gaze, Devansh's eyes remained fixed on mine before he abruptly shut them, extinguishing the emotions that had momentarily surfaced.

When he reopened them, they blazed with anger once more, dispelling any trace of vulnerability.

He brandished his gun, aiming it directly at me. My breath caught in my throat, my eyes widening in sheer disbelief. In the next instant, his men approached and forcibly dragged me away from Rahul.

"Let go of me! Don't touch me!" I struggled against their grip, desperately attempting to break free.

Devansh shot a glance at his men, and they promptly released their hold on me, stepping back.

As I moved to approach Rahul, Devansh's curt voice cut through the tension, "Stay right there." His voice dripped with anger.

I stood rooted to the spot, my gaze fixed on Rahul. At just 16 years old, this nightmare was beyond anything he could have imagined. He trembled uncontrollably, but I couldn't move closer to him, not with Devansh holding a gun to his head.