𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 50: 𝕬 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌'𝖘 𝕵𝖚𝖉𝖌𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

King Grawl, a goblin of impressive stature and regal bearing, sat upon his throne in the throne room of Blightfang. His greenish-gray skin was covered with jewels and intricate tattoos, and his sharp teeth glinted menacingly as he smiled down at his subjects. The room was bustling with activity, as courtiers and advisors moved about, offering their counsel and bowing before the king. The air was thick with the scent of incense and the murmur of hushed voices.

As Kiyoshi stepped into the throne room, the room went silent. Every pair of eyes in the room was fixed on him, assessing his intentions. He remained calm, his posture stiff and his gaze steady as he made his way towards the throne.

"King Kiyoshi of Ivamis," Grawl thundered, his voice echoing throughout the throne room. "What brings you to my humble abode?" The assembled courtiers and advisors parted like the Red River, revealing a path to the throne.

Kiyoshi stepped forward; his shadow looming large over the king. "Where are the children, Grawl?" His voice was calm but resolute, cutting through the tension like a knife through butter. The goblin king's expression darkened, but he maintained his composure.

"I... I know nothing of what you speak," he stammered, trying to maintain his composure. "My subjects are my greatest concern. I would never harm a child." His eyes darted around the throne room, searching for support, but the expressions of those present revealed their disbelief.

"Where we found the dead bodies of innocent children of Niameda, there was Blightfang scent lingering around the outskirts of Arcane." Kiyoshi spoke calmly, his gaze unwavering. "You may try to hide the truth, but the evidence speaks for itself. The children were slaughtered, and your guards were seen leaving the area. Unless you have an ironclad alibi, I suggest you come clean."

"As... As I said... I... I know nothing of this..." Grawl stammered, his face growing redder by the moment. He was clearly struggling to maintain his composure. "My guards...they must have been acting on their own. I will have them brought to justice immediately!"

Kiyoshi, fueled by his vampiric powers, unleashed a surge of dark magic. The air around Grawl rippled as he was lifted from his throne and suspended in midair. The goblin king struggled futilely against the invisible force that held him, his eyes bulging in terror. With a sinister grin, Kiyoshi casually brought Grawl closer to him until their faces were mere inches apart. He then tightened his grip, sealing the goblin's airway and cutting off his cries for help.

"Who are you working for? Who ordered this?" Kiyoshi growled, his grip on the goblin's throat tightening. Grawl's face turned purple as he struggled to breathe. The assembled courtiers and advisors in the throne room were frozen in shock, their eyes fixed on the scene unfolding before them.

"I was... approached. An anonymous message, a... business proposition." Grawl wheezed, his face turning gray as he fought for breath. Kiyoshi ungripped the goblin's throat, allowing him to draw in a ragged breath.

"A business proposition?" he repeated, his voice dripping with disdain. "What kind of business proposition could possibly involve the slaughter of innocent children?" Kiyoshi's eyes burned with anger as he let go of Grawl, allowing the goblin king to drop heavily to the floor. The room was silent for a moment, as the assembled courtiers and advisors exchanged uneasy glances.

"Cheap labor," he mumbled. "The letter promised a fortune. Children... they work for less, are easier to control." Grawl coughed, still struggling to catch his breath.

"Why would you want to harvest those berries? Those fruits are not meant for consumption by most creatures of the world," Kiyoshi growled. "They are a delicacy edible by only very few creatures, and even then, only in small quantities. What could possibly make you think that you could profit from them?" The king's eyes narrowed as he studied the goblin king, searching for any hint of duplicity.

"The plan was to harvest as many berries as possible and divide them into two groups, my liege," Grawl explained, his voice trembling. "Some of them were to be exported to kingdoms where they are considered a delicacy and bring a high price. The rest, however, were to be used as a bioweapon. The anonymous person promised that when the berries were crushed and mixed with water, they would cause a terrible contagious disease. It was their intention to spread this disease among your subjects, my lord, and use it as a means to dethrone you."

"Do you understand the gravity of your actions, Grawl? Innocent children are dying because of your greed and naivety!" Kiyoshi's voice echoed through the throne room, his words carrying weight that seemed to crush the goblin king where he stood. The assembled courtiers and advisors shifted uncomfortably, their expressions ranging from horror to shame.

"I... I did not know!" he pleaded, his voice cracking. "I just wanted... to improve my kingdom's wealth." His eyes darted around the throne room, searching for some sliver of mercy from Kiyoshi.

Kiyoshi stared at the pathetic figure before him, struggling to maintain his composure. He knew that Grawl was not the mastermind behind this plot, but he was still responsible for the deaths of countless innocents.

"You truly do not know who sent you the business proposition, or how they intended to profit from this?" Kiyoshi asked, his voice cold and hard as steel. The goblin king shook his head, his eyes filled with tears. "Then you are not only guilty of greed and neglect, but also of gullibility and foolishness. You have brought shame upon your people and your kingdom."