𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 62: 𝕬 𝕳𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖆𝖓𝖉'𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖗𝖓

Days had passed and Kiyoshi and his men finally arrived at Ivamis. As their horses drew closer, the people of Ivamis cheered, grateful for the news that their king had returned. Kiyoshi sat tall on his steed, his heart swelling with a mixture of emotions. Shame for his past naivety, but also pride in his people's resilience. He raised a hand in acknowledgment of the cheers and of the hardship they had endured.

As they made their way to the castle, the people followed behind them, eager for their king's return. The castle gates swung open and there she was, Nia. His queen.

She stood at the entrance of the castle gates, her eyes filled with a mixture of relief and unshed tears. As their gazes met, the world around them seemed to fade away. The cheers, the worried murmurs, all became a distant hum.

Only Nia existed.

With a surge of determination, Kiyoshi unmounted his horse and strode towards Nia. The crowd parted, murmuring in awe at the reunion of their king and queen. He reached her, his hands trembling as he reached out to cup her face in his palms. Her skin was soft and warm, and he could feel the beating of her heart against his fingers.

Nia clung to him, her body trembling slightly. A choked sob escaped her lips, and Kiyoshi held her tighter, his own tears finally spilling over. He closed his eyes, burying his face in her hair, inhaling deeply the scent that was uniquely hers. The warmth of her body felt like home, like the only thing that had ever truly been real in a world that had been nothing but lies and deceit. He did not want to let her go, ever.

"You came back safely." Nia breathed the words against his neck, her voice a ragged whisper.

"I missed you," Kiyoshi confessed, his voice raw with emotion. "There is so much to tell you." He drew back, cupping her cheek in his hand as he studied her features.

Taking a deep breath, he stepped back slightly, his eyes scanning the eager faces around them. "My people," he began, his voice ringing clear. "I have returned, and with me, the truth."

He told them of the betrayal, of his brother's treachery and the murder of their children. He spoke of the alliance he had forged with the pirates, and of the newfound knowledge that Ivamis was not what it seemed. The truth was harsh, but it set them free. As he spoke, a collective gasp rippled through the crowd. Disbelief turned to anger, and then to a simmering rage that mirrored the fire burning in Kiyoshi's own chest. When he finished, a heavy silence fell upon the gathering.

Nia squeezed his hand, "We were lied to," she breathed. "We thought we were safe." Tears welled in her eyes again as she looked out over the crowd, seeing the shock and disbelief on their faces. Kiyoshi nodded, his own eyes scanning the faces of his people. He could see the anger and betrayal etched into every line.

"We were. But we will not be broken. Madoc will face the consequences of his actions. We will take back what is rightfully ours, and we will rebuild stronger than ever before." Kiyoshi's voice was firm, unwavering. He looked out over the crowd, meeting the eyes of his people one by one. "Together, we will reclaim our kingdom and ensure that the innocent are never again sacrificed for the ambitions of the few."

A renewed cheer erupted from the crowd, echoing through the courtyard as they lifted their voices in defiance. Kiyoshi and Nia shared a look of determination, their hands clasped tightly. They would lead their people, not just to rebuild, but to rise above the ashes of their old lives and forge a new future together. The reign of King Madoc would crumble, and from the ashes, a new Ivamis would rise.

The people of Ivamis departed the courtyard, their determination to reclaim their kingdom burning brightly. Kiyoshi and Nia led the way, hand in hand, as they ascended the steps to the castle entrance.