𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 77: 𝕴𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖆𝖗𝖞

Nia and Kiyoshi cuddled together on the bed, their bodies still joined, her head resting on his chest. She could feel his heartbeat slowing, matching hers. "Kiyoshi," Nia murmured, her voice barely a whisper.

"Hmm?" he responded, his hand idly stroking her hair.

"When... when did you start to feel...?" Nia trailed off, unsure how to phrase her question.

A smile played on Kiyoshi's lips. "Feel what, my love?"

"You know," she mumbled, blushing, "Feel differently about me. When did you... fall for me?"

Kiyoshi chuckled softly. "Honestly, Nia, it's difficult to pinpoint an exact moment. It crept up on me, I suppose. One moment I was merely intrigued by your beauty, and the next I found myself completely lost in you. It was as if something inside me shifted, and I knew that you were meant to be mine." His fingers trailed down her back, making her shiver.

Nia frowned playfully. "That is not very helpful!" She giggled, rolling over to face him.

Kiyoshi laughed again, "Perhaps not. But there was one incident, a defining moment that... solidified my feelings." He took a deep breath, his expression growing more serious. "The bat, Nia. Do you remember the bat you found by the lake?"

"The bat? But... how?" Nia asked, frowning in confusion.

"That bat, Nia," he explained, his voice low and husky, "was me." He traced a finger along her jawline.

"What? Why? How?" Nia's confusion only seemed to deepen as she struggled to comprehend what he was saying.

He looked at her intently, his gaze steady and unwavering. "I was... indisposed at the time. Shot by a stray arrow during my weekly flight. I landed in the lake and lost consciousness." Nia gasped, horror etching itself onto her features. "When I came to, I was in terrible pain, barely able to move. I crawled out of the lake and collapsed on the shore." He paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "It was then that I saw you, Nia."

"But... but how did you see me? I thought bats were blind?" Nia asked, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"Not entirely. We have a form of echolocation. But it wasn't just that, Nia. It was the way you cared for me, a helpless creature. Your gentle touch, your soothing voice... it awakened something within me. I knew, even in that weakened state, that you were someone special." He traced her jawline again, his fingers sending shivers down her spine. "It was then that I vowed to find you, to make you mine. And when I finally did, I realized that there was no one else in the world who could ever compare you to you."

"You... you fell in love with me when I saved you... as a bat?" Nia asked, her voice filled with wonder and a hint of disbelief.

"Indeed," Kiyoshi confirmed. "And when I saw you again, fully healed, my heart ached with the knowledge that I might never see you again. But fate intervened, did not it?"

He kissed her softly, his lips lingering on hers. Nia felt her body respond to his touch, her heart racing once more. "I will love you, Nia," he whispered against her skin, "for as long as you will have me. Through whatever may come, I will always be there for you."

She snuggled closer, nestling her head beneath his chin. "And I will love you too, Kiyoshi. Always." She traced a finger down his chest, feeling the warmth of his skin against her fingertips.

Laughter filled the royal library as Kiyoshi fumbled with a stack of ancient scrolls, spilling them onto the floor with a clatter

Laughter filled the royal library as Kiyoshi fumbled with a stack of ancient scrolls, spilling them onto the floor with a clatter. Nia could not help but giggle as he cursed under his breath and knelt down to gather them up.

"Having a little trouble there, Your Majesty?" she teased, unable to resist the mischievous twinkle in his eye. Kiyoshi shot her a playful glare before finally managing to gather the scrolls. "I just cannot seem to get the hang of these old scrolls," he complained, setting the last one back on the shelf with a sigh.

"Perhaps you should have asked me for help in the first place, instead of insisting you could handle it all yourself." Nia smiled as she stepped forward, brushing a stray strand of hair away from his face. Kiyoshi smiled back, his eyes never leaving hers.

"How could you wound me so? Don't you trust your king's scholarly abilities?" he teased, stepping closer and wrapping an arm around her waist. Nia laughed, the sound filling the library, echoing off the ancient bookshelves. "With all due respect, Your Majesty," she replied, resting her hand on his chest, feeling the steady beat of his heart beneath her fingertips, "your scholarly abilities are... questionable at best."

Kiyoshi chuckled, the sound deep and genuine. "You wound me, my lady. But alas, I must concede that perhaps my scholarly pursuits are best left to the learned scribes of the royal archives. Perhaps I should focus on the more...physical aspects of ruling instead?" He leaned in closer, his lips brushing against her ear. "As for those abilities, I can assure you that they are very much intact, and eager for proper testing." His hand drifted down her back, over the curve of her waist, until it found the hem of her gown, lifting it up ever so slightly, revealing a sliver of smooth, warm skin beneath.

"I thought I needed to 'rest' tonight, Your Majesty?" Nia teased, her breath hitching slightly as his fingers brushed against her skin. Kiyoshi's answering laugh sent a shiver down her spine.

"Ah, but you see, my dear, that was before I realized how much I missed your company. And now that I have you here, in my arms..." He trailed off, his hand moving higher, cupping her breast through the soft fabric of her gown. Nia gasped, arching into his touch. "It seems there is no rest for the weary," he whispered before claiming her lips in a passionate kiss.

Her heart raced as his lips and tongue danced with hers, their bodies pressed tightly together. She could feel the hard length of him against her, and she ached for him. She moaned into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck, her fingers tangling in his hair. His kisses traveled down her neck, over her collarbone, sending shivers of desire coursing through her.

"Nia," he breathed against her skin, his hand moving lower still, tracing the line of her hip before cupping her bottom, lifting her up slightly. "When... when did you fall for me?" he asked, his voice hoarse with desire as he held her close, their hips grinding together.

"Honestly?" she gasped, her breath catching in her throat as he continued to kiss and caress her. "It was when you came to ask for my hand in marriage," she admitted, her voice a husky whisper. "Despite your... unconventional approach." His lips curled into a smile against her skin.

He pulled away, his brows furrowed in concentration as he studied her face. "Unconventional? I thought I was being quite charming!" he said, his voice laced with playful indignation. Nia laughed, the sound filling the library once more. "Oh, you were... in your own way." She looped her arms around his neck and drew him closer. "But I suppose it's the fact that you never tried to hide who you truly are that makes you so... irresistible."

"Well we've come a long way." Kiyoshi smiled, his voice low and intimate. "From arguing in the throne room, to this." His hand slid between them, his fingers tracing the fabric of her undergarments, the heat of his skin sending shockwaves of desire coursing through her. "I have always imagined what it would be like to make love to you...in this very spot." Nia shivered at the thought, arching her back into his touch.

"And what would you do, Your Majesty?" she teased, her breath hitching as he continued to touch her. "Take me right here on the library floor?" Kiyoshi's answering laugh was husky and needy.

"Yes, that sounds quite delightful," he whispered, his hand moving higher, cupping her breast through the fabric of her gown. His thumb brushed over her, and she gasped, her head falling back against his shoulder. "But first, I think we should get you out of these clothes."