𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 73: 𝕺𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊

Nia stirred awake, blinking slowly as she took in the familiar surroundings of her bedchamber. Kiyoshi's arm was draped across her waist, his chest rising and falling with each breath as he slept peacefully.

"Kiyoshi?" she mumbled, her voice barely audible over the sound of their shared breathing. She shifted in his embrace, her fingers tracing idly over the soft skin of his chest. He stirred slightly, but did not wake up. "Kiyoshi," she repeated, more confidently this time. "I need a drink of water, I need to leave."

"No need" he mumbled, still half asleep. He snuggled closer to her. "I'll fetch it for you." He slowly stood, reluctantly moving his arm from her waist. "Just a moment." He stretched, yawning loudly, before swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He stood up, the sheet falling to his waist, revealing his muscular back. Nia watched him as he walked over to the dresser, where a pitcher of water sat. He picked it up and filled a glass, setting it on the bedside table before turning back to her. "Thirsty, my Queen?" he asked with a sleepy smile.

"Indeed," Nia murmured, sitting up in bed and reaching for the glass of water. "But I can get it myself, you know." She took a sip of the cool liquid, enjoying the refreshing sensation as it slid down her throat. "I did not want to wake you."

"Absolutely not," he declared, moving closer and taking the glass from her hand. "You are carrying a future ruler, remember? Getting out of this luxurious bed is far too strenuous an activity for someone of your... delicate condition." He winked at her, his smile growing wider. "Now, back to sleep with you."

Nia rolled her eyes, "Oh, stop it," she said, but her heart wasn't in it. He had a way of making her feel so cherished, so loved, that it was hard not to melt under his gaze. "I am not made of glass, Kiyoshi. A little walk won't hurt me."

"Imagine the scandal if the Queen of Ivamis were to be found collapsed on the floor because she could not reach a glass of water." He chuckled as he climbed back into bed beside her, pulling the covers up around them. "No, you are too important to risk."

"Oh, you are impossible," Nia grumbled, but she could not help but laugh. She laid back against the pillows, enjoying the warmth of the sheets and the weight of his arm across her waist.

"Perhaps," he said, leaning in to steal a kiss from her lips. "But impossible or not, I wouldn't have you any other way." His fingers trailed down her side, skimming lightly over her hip before coming to rest on her abdomen. "And I am glad I get to spend this time with you, growing our family. I cannot wait to meet our little one." He smiled, his eyes filled with such love that it took her breath away.

"Just promise me you won't become a complete tyrant when the baby actually arrives," she teased, her fingers tracing over his cheek. "I have heard that some fathers can be...overprotective."

"Tyrant? Me? My love, I would never." He leaned in closer, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "I promise to be the best father I can be, protecting and guiding our child while also letting them explore and learn. I'll be firm when I need to be, but fair." He paused, considering her words. "And I'll always remember that you were their mother first, so I'll do my best to support you and make you proud."

Nia smiled, feeling reassured by his words. She knew that Kiyoshi would be a wonderful father, just as he was a wonderful husband. She could not help but feel grateful for the life they had built together, even with all the challenges they faced as rulers of their respective kingdoms. "I know," she said softly, tracing his jawline with her finger. "And I'll be here to help you every step of the way. We'll make a great team, you and I."

The throne room buzzed with energy as Kiyoshi and Nia sat side-by-side on the throne, his hand resting possessively on one hand, their fingers intertwined

The throne room buzzed with energy as Kiyoshi and Nia sat side-by-side on the throne, his hand resting possessively on one hand, their fingers intertwined. The air was thick with anticipation as they prepared to address their people for the first time since Kiyoshi's return.

Clearing his throat, Kiyoshi silenced the excited murmurs of his councilmen and advisors. His gaze swept across the room, taking in the faces of his most trusted advisors and commanders. He could feel Nia's presence beside him, steady and reassuring. When he was certain he had their full attention, he began to speak. His voice was strong and clear, carrying through the throne room like a command.

"My esteemed council," he began, his voice ringing through the chamber, "I have an announcement of the utmost importance." He paused, allowing the anticipation in the room to build. "Queen Nia and I are... expecting a child."

The announcement hung in the air for a moment, the silence deafening. Kiyoshi could see the surprise and joy flash across the faces of his advisors, followed by cheers and congratulations. Nia's hand tightened around his, her grip steady and reassuring. She squeezed his hand in response to the outpouring of well-wishes, her face lit up with a radiant smile.

"An heir!" one of the advisors exclaimed, rising to her feet, followed by a chorus of cheers and applause. Nia's face glowed with pride and happiness as she looked out at her people, sharing in their joy. Kiyoshi felt a surge of love for his wife and their unborn child, knowing that they would have a family to lead and protect.

News of the royal pregnancy spread swiftly through the kingdom, igniting a wave of excitement and anticipation. Everywhere Kiyoshi and Nia went, they were met with well-wishes and congratulations.

The people's joy was palpable, and it seemed to fill the air, making even the most mundane tasks feel like celebrations. The prospect of a human-vampire hybrid heir, a child of immense power and potential, brought hope to a kingdom that had long been divided.

Celebrations erupted across the land. Festivals were organized, streets were decorated with banners and streamers, and the sounds of music and laughter filled the air and royal chefs toiled tirelessly to prepare a feast fit for a king, a queen, and their future heir.

Amidst the celebrations, Kiyoshi's protectiveness over Nia grew stronger. He assigned a permanent guard of elite vampire warriors to Nia, ensuring her safety at all times. He monitored her diet and exercise carefully, making sure that she was eating nutritious meals and getting enough rest. He also arranged for her to have access to the best medical care available, including a personal physician and a team of midwives who were skilled in attending to both human and vampire pregnancies.

"Kiyoshi, my love," Nia said as they sat together in their chambers, "I am not made of porcelain. A little exercise and fresh air won't hurt me or the baby." She smiled up at her husband, her brown eyes sparkling with determination.

"No arguments, my love," he insisted, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "This child is precious. You are precious, and I will not risk anything happening to either of you. You will have time to walk about and enjoy the moonlight once the baby is born, but for now, you are confined to these chambers." His expression softened, and he leaned in to kiss her forehead. "I know it's not ideal, but it's for the best."

Nia sighed, knowing that arguing further would be futile. "Kiyoshi, you really are the most overprotective father-to-be I have ever heard of." She chuckled softly, resting her head on his broad shoulder. "I am not made of glass, you know. I can take care of myself and the baby."

Kiyoshi smiled down at her, his fangs peeking out from beneath his lips. "I know you can, my love, but I cannot help but feel responsible for both of you. I want to make sure that everything is perfect for our child." He brushed a lock of hair behind her ear, his fingers lingering on her skin for a moment before he pulled back.

"And, as for being overprotective," he continued, "perhaps it is in my nature as a vampire. We have lived for centuries, seen so much, experienced so much pain and loss. I do not want that for our child. I want them to have a life filled with love and happiness, surrounded by people who will protect them, just as I will." His voice grew soft, his eyes meeting hers, conveying a depth of emotion that only a parent could understand.

Nia smiled up at her husband, her heart swelling with love for him. "And you know what?" she asked, taking his hand in hers. "Our child will have all of that, because they'll have you. They'll have the most loving and protective father in the world." She leaned in to kiss him gently on the lips, her fingers laced tightly with his.