𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 58: 𝖂𝖍𝖎𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝕳𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖘

As they walked towards the Royal physician's chambers, the once-sweet scent of the palace flowers now left a bitter taste in Nia's mouth.

The royal physician, a middle-aged man, gently examined Nia. As his fingers pressed along her pulse, his brow furrowed in thought. Finally, he met her gaze, a faint smile playing on his lips.

"Your Majesty," he began, his voice low and respectful, "I believe I have an explanation for your recent... indispositions."

Nia sat up straighter, hopeful that she would finally have some answers. "What is it?" asked Serena, anxiously.

"Your Majesty," he said, "you are...with child." Nia's heart leaped into her throat as Serena let out a gasp of surprise. The physician continued, "Your body is going through many changes to accommodate the growing fetus. It is perfectly natural for your taste buds to fluctuate during pregnancy. Your sensitivity to certain flavors may be heightened, while others may become unbearable."

"Oh, Nia! This is wonderful news! A child! A real heir to the throne!" Serena cried, tears of joy welling in her eyes. Nia, though sharing some of Serena's excitement, was still reeling from the shock of the news. Happiness bubbled in her heart, the knowledge that she was going to be a mother, but it was tempered by the fear of all that was going on right now...

Could they truly bring a child into this world, amidst the unrest and turmoil that threatened to consume the kingdom? The weight of Kiyoshi's burden, the betrayal of his brother Daemon and the recent kidnapping of children were constant reminders of the dangers that lurked around every corner. And then, there was the unique nature of the child himself.

This wouldn't be just any child; it would be the first hybrid in centuries, a child born of both human and vampire blood. What would that mean for the kingdom, for Nia and Kiyoshi, and most importantly, for their child?

"But Kiyoshi..." she began, her voice barely above a whisper. "He is gone. Dealing with Daemon and...and... kidnappings"

"He'll be back soon, Nia. And when he does, this will be the happiest news he could receive." Serena's words were soothing, but Nia could not shake the doubt that lingered.

"This must not reach Kiyoshi... yet," she declared, the weight of her words surprising even herself. Serena's smile faltered, and she opened her mouth to protest, but Nia cut her off with a gentle shake of her head. "Not until he has dealt with the threats facing our kingdom. The stress, the worry... it could harm him, and our child. I cannot risk that."

Both Serena and the physician nodded in understanding. "Of course, Your Majesty. We will keep this news confidential until you deem it appropriate to share it with the king. In the meantime, I will prepare a regimen of herbs and teas to help you with the changes you are experiencing during your pregnancy.

"Thank you both," Nia said, visibly relieved. She knew her decision was a difficult one, but it felt right. She would keep the news of her pregnancy a secret for now, and focus on supporting Kiyoshi in his time of need.

Whispers of the queen's pregnancy spread throughout the palace like wildfire, but Nia and Serena were careful to keep the news under wraps. The kingdom was in turmoil, and the last thing they needed was for the news to add more chaos. As the days passed, Nia's outbursts became fewer and further between, and she was able to control her newfound strength with practice. She spent her days poring over books on childbirth and vampire-human hybrid biology, determined to be the best mother she could be.