𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 72: 𝕻𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊

"At least two and a half months, Your Majesty," the royal physician stated. "You must be very careful."

Nia placed a hand on her still-flat stomach, feeling the baby within her, growing stronger every day. "Thank you" she said, nodding to the physician. A smile crept across her lips as she left the room, her thoughts drifting to the future.

The weight of the news made her movements a little slower, a little more deliberate. As she made her way towards the gardens, different emotions warred within her. Excitement, fear, anticipation, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility. She had never felt this way before, not even when she had been crowned Queen. This new role, this new life that was growing within her, was both daunting and thrilling.

Suddenly, a strong arm gently grabbed her around the waist, pulling her back against a familiar, warm chest. "My Queen," Kiyoshi murmured into her ear, his lips brushing against her neck, "You shouldn't be walking about alone, not in your condition." He smiled down at her, his eyes filled with love and concern. "The physician said—"

Nia cut him off with a gentle smile, reaching up to cup his face. "I know what he said, Kiyoshi," she assured him. "But I am perfectly capable of strolling through the gardens, am I not?"

"Nia, please," Kiyoshi protested, his brow furrowing. "The physician was quite clear. I know you are strong, but you mustn't put yourself at risk. Not now, when we have so much to look forward to." His voice softened, becoming gentle again. "I cannot bear the thought of anything happening to you or our child."

"Alright, alright," she said with a soft laugh, stepping back to look up at him. "But," she continued, her voice growing serious, "how about we take a walk together? A slow, leisurely stroll through the gardens, hand in hand?" She placed her hand on his chest, her fingers curling into his shirt. "I think it's time you got to know your child a little better, do you not?"

Kiyoshi considered her words for a moment, his expression softening further. "Very well," he said finally, slipping his arm back around her waist. "We'll take it slow, and if you need to rest, you will let me know, won't you?"

"Absolutely, Your Majesty," she teased, playfully rolling her eyes. "You can be my personal chaperon, if you'd like." Nia leaned into him, savoring the warmth of his body and the strength of his arm around her. "Lead the way, my love."

And so, hand in hand, they walked through the garden, the moonlight casting a gentle glow over the path before them. Kiyoshi pointed out various plants and flowers, telling her stories of when he used to play there as a child, of the games he used to play and the friends he used to have. Nia listened intently, her heart swelling with love for him, for their child, and for the life they were about to share together.

Curled up by the fireplace in the royal library, Nia and Kiyoshi sat in silence, lost in their own thoughts. The warmth of the fire danced across their skin, casting flickering shadows on the walls. Nia stroked her still-flat stomach, feeling the baby within her, kicking gently against her palm. She looked up at Kiyoshi, his strong features illuminated by the firelight, and she could not help but marvel at how much had changed since they had first met.

"Kiyoshi," she began, her voice soft, "what are your plans for the future of Ivamis and Niameda?"

He looked at her for a moment, his expression thoughtful. "My primary concern is strengthening our defenses," he explained. "Especially in Niameda. Your people, despite having Ivamis' protection, are still primarily human. We need to ensure their safety."

Nia nodded, understanding the necessity of this. "Of course," she said softly. "Anything to keep my people safe."

Kiyoshi smiled at her, his expression tender. "Speaking of Niameda," he continued, "I have been exchanging messages with your father, Governor Nari," he explained.

"Oh?" Nia asked, genuinely interested. She knew Kiyoshi had been working with her father, but she hadn't realized they'd been in direct contact.

"Your father seems to be thriving in his new role. He is quite a capable leader, and the people seem to be responding well to his reforms."

"I am happy to hear that," Nia said with a soft smile. "He has always been very dedicated to the people of Niameda." She paused for a moment, thinking about her father and the changes he'd made in their lives. "I think he has finally found his true calling."

"Speaking of his reforms, there's one particular request he made," Kiyoshi continued.

"What is it?" Nia asked, leaning forward slightly. She was always interested in her father's ideas and plans for the future of Niameda.

"He... he requested that Kazi be allowed to join the army." Kiyoshi said carefully, "He believes that with her training and experience, she'd make an excellent addition to our forces. I am inclined to agree."

"Kazi has always been... well, headstrong. She has been practicing swordsmanship since she was barely out of diapers. Trust me, she'd be ecstatic about this." Nia mused, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"I see," Kiyoshi replied. "Well, if that is what she truly desires, I do not see why not. She'd certainly make a formidable addition to Niameda's army, and perhaps her presence would help to strengthen the bond between our two kingdoms even further." He paused for a moment, his expression thoughtful. "I'd like to discuss this with her directly, though. It is important that she understands the responsibilities that come with such a position, and that she is making this decision of her own free will."

Nia nodded in agreement. "I am sure she would." She paused for a moment, thinking about her younger sister. "Thank you, Kiyoshi," she murmured, her voice filled with sincerity. "For everything."

"Everything I am doing now," he whispered, "pales in comparison to what you have done for me."

He paused, his gaze filled with a depth of emotion that took Nia's breath away. "You reminded me what it means to trust, to believe in something good."

Nia met his gaze, feeling the weight of his words settle deep in her chest. "And you, Kiyoshi," she countered softly, "you have shown me the strength of communication, of building something together."

"Remember what you told me?" Kiyoshi asked, his voice soft and contemplative.

Nia could not help but grin. "About building a marriage, brick by brick?"

"Exactly. And I, for one, am quite enjoying the progress we're making," he replied, as he leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a husky whisper. "I do not know what the future holds for us, but I know that I want to keep building with you, brick by brick. To see where this journey takes us."