Chapter Fifty-Seven: Jun Cosmic

Recap: Katsuki bumped his arm gently with his elbow as Izuku jumped and looked at him, their eyes meeting eachother. Katsuki's stare appeared confused and lost, Izuku noticed and realized no one told Katsuki what happened.
Izuku looked away. "You got really sick kacchan... like really sick, your hand got really infected.. and it put you in a coma for over a week.." Izuku mumbled as Katsuki exhaled. He laid back in his bed as Izuku glanced at him. "You.. o-okay?.." Izuku mumbled as Katsuki shrugged. "Things are.. returning to normal... I didn't mean to ruin your short.. vacation, it was supposed to be fun..." Katsuki spoke quietly, his voice hoarse and weak.
"The journey there was more than enough of a vacation. Besides, I learned a lot.. Thankyou kacchan..." Izuku smiled.
Despite the negatives, Izuku realized things were going to return to how they used to be, the familiarities ensuring positive results in his future. He felt comfort in what was to come.

A couple days passed as Katsuki continued to rest with Izuku at his side. Queen Mitsuki stated he'd return immediately to his duties however, allowed Katsuki a few more days of rest.
Mitsuki requested Katsuki's and Izuku's presence in her office to give details about the new royalty that would be present in the kingdom for the following week. His name was Jun Cosmic.

"Jun Cosmic, the prince and heir to the Cosmic kingdom. However.." Mitsuki glanced at Katsuki, his eyes narrowed down at her desk, his cape waving gently against the soft draft in the room. "If you finally play your cards right Katsuki, we can combine our two kingdoms. We have to create an alliance, and your efforts with the other royals have been... pathetic. You must keep your patience. We need the benefits."
Katsuki rolled his eyes. His beliefs that his kingdom doesn't need to create treaty with other neighboring kingdoms standing strong.
"Please Katsuki. After this one, it's the Midoriya Kingdoms daughter. It's your last chance." Mitsuki sighed.

Katsuki glanced at her. "I don't want her. Plus the Midoriya kingdom serves us no benefit."
Katsukis voice was still recovering, he spoke in low tones.

Mitsuki nodded. "They begged. She's young and they need our support. They're desperate after their first heir went missing." Mitsuki glanced at Izuku but quickly reverted her gaze back at Katsuki. "Just try your best and be patient with her."
Katsuki groaned. "When is Cosmic coming?"
"He will be here tonight, just try and get along with him."
Izuku stayed silent with his eyes to the floor. He wasn't allowed to have an opinion as these were the princes duties.

"Katsuki-"
"I know... you know that we don't need these treaties, we don't need these alliances. We provide resources to every neighboring kingdom as is. While they hardly provide for us. What does alliancing by marriage do to benefit us if we are already the top kingdom. We are only benefiting others with this marriage, not ourselves." Katsuki grumbled, his eyebrows narrowed at the mockery of the situation.

"Fine Katsuki. You want the truth? It's for looks. It's all for looks. If we continue to follow by that we are the best and a marriage can't benefit us, so no marriage at all, you will be alone forever. You must find a mate so you can become heir. I cannot be the Queen forever. I'd like to at least be alive when you take the throne. But you need a mate." Mitsuki furrowed her brows glaring at Katsuki.
"Then let me do it at my own leisure. Why must you set me up??" Katsuki growled.

"Because that is my job Katsuki! Please work with me! You're so stubborn. And I don't trust you will find someone of royalty or anyone that will marry your stubborn ass. So I am trying to arrange these potential marriage candidates for you. But you make it so hard!" Queen Mitsuki glared darts before looking away and out the window behind her. She stood and walked towards it. Her hands clasped together behind her.
"It cannot be helped if they decide to move on from you. But every kingdom is depending on us. As unfortunate as it is. For most kingdoms.. marrying you is a must." She sighed.