The Ace with a Man Bun

"Woah, Asahi's good. He could use a little more confidence though." Himari said.

"Yeah, he's kind of shy." Kiyoko said.

Himari watched as Asahi was blocked, but Kageyama yelled at Suga to keep setting to him. The next time Suga set the ball to Asahi, he made it through the blockers.

"Nice." Himari muttered.

The game continued on and all the old members were excited when Asahi kept getting them points.

When Asahi was about to spike again, Daichi was yelling at Hinata to move. Himari grumbled as she watched Hinata get lost in his own thoughts.

"He's totally going to get hit in the face." She mumbled.

She watched as Asahi spiked the ball and Hinata in the face. She grabbed some ice from the cooler that they had in the gym and put it into a bag before wrapping a towel around it.

She hurried over to Hinata and sat next to him. She put the ice on his forehead and he sighed in relief before trembling. Himari watched as Kageyama walked towards them with an angry expression.

"It's the middle of a game, what could you possibly be thinking about?" Kageyama's voice was surprisingly calm.

Hinata got up and walked backwards. Kageyama continued to walk towards Hinata with an angry face.

"I know, you were thinking about how you want to be the ace, weren't you? You don't just want to be the team decoy, you want to be as big and important as Asahi."

Hinata looked to the side, "Maybe..."

"Think about that garbage on your own time."

Himari sighed at the argument. She understood how Hinata was feeling, wanting to be something that was just out of reach.

She walked off the court once they were getting back into positions. She smiled at Kiyoko tiredly and stood next to her.

"This is taking so long..."

Kiyoko chuckled and brushed her fingers through Himari's hair. The first year girl watched as Shimada did a jump float serve which caused Hinata to faceplant. She laughed and glanced at Tadashi who had a downcast expression. She walked over to him and nudged him with a smile.

"Hey, what's up?" Himari asked.

Tadashi just shook his head and looked back at the court with a frown. Himari followed his eyes and saw that he was looking at the team with the first years.

"Hey, I think I might have an idea for you." Himari said.

Tadashi looked at her confused and she looked back at the game.

"A pinch server."

"Huh?" Tadashi asked.

"You should work on your serves and become a pinch server. You can do jump serves, jump floats, regular serves. You can even put a spin on your serves. Serves aren't affected by blocks, and you can score as many points as you can with them." Himari explained.

Tadashi's eyes widened and he began to think about her words. He looked back at the other first years with a glint in his eyes.

"I can't show you how to do those serves, but I can support you, I will support you."

Tadashi looked at the shorter girl who was smiling at him. He could see that she believed in him which gave him some hope.

"Tadashi, they got a point." Kiyoko said.

"Oh, sorry!"

The game soon ended and the neighborhood association left. All they had to do was debrief and clean, so the team gathered around Ukai.

"Okay, so receiving is our biggest issue right now. Go stretch and clean up."

The players nodded and ran to stretch and clean. Himari walked over to Takeda and Ukai, and listened to them talk.

"What do you think?"

She looked up at the new coach with a confused look.

"Huh?"

"The setters, who would you pick?"

Himari thought for a moment before answering, "Kageyama. I think he would allow us to go further which could also allow Suga to sub in when Kageyama is tired or getting frustrated."

The two adults looked at her and nodded. She was right, but Suga was in his third year, it was his last year.

Soon, everyone had finished cleaning and putting everything away. Kiyoko and Himari said goodbye and left the gym. Kiyoko noticed Himari walking with a slight limp and looked at her with worry.

"Is your knee hurting?"

Himari waved off the concern, "It's nothing, we were just standing for too long."

Kiyoko nodded, "Right, just don't overdo it."

"You sound like my mom."

Kiyoko pinched Himari's cheek to which the first whined, "That hurts!"

"I'm just looking out for you, Mari."

"I know, and I appreciate it, but I'm fine."

Kiyoko sighed and nodded. She knew the younger girl wasn't going to admit when something was wrong.

"Alright then, just let me know if you need a break."

"You got it."