I'm Fine, We're Fine

The third and final set started with a rally going back and forth. The two teams made points consistently, but Seijoh was two points ahead.

Seijoh's libero set the ball to Oikawa and Himari nodded, looking at Ukai.

"My dad told Noya that he could do a lot more than just receiving. Setting was what he was talking about." Himari informed him.

"Yeah, that makes sense. My hunch was right, Seijoh's libero was probably a setter before." Ukai said after the play.

After that, it was Oikawa's turn to serve. He smirked and threw the ball up. His serve focused on an empty spot near the sideline and he hit his mark. Unfortunately, the ball ricocheted and headed straight towards Himari, who wasn't paying attention.

~

Himari was explaining something to Kiyoko when she felt pain explode in her knee. She yelped and held onto it, trying to hold in her tears.

Oikawa's serve was powerful, anybody could attest to that, but getting hit with it was a different kind of pain.

Himari whimpered as she tried to move her leg, but she couldn't. Her vision was clouded as tears rolled down her cheeks. Everything sounded muffled, but she could tell people were talking to her.

"Mari! Mari!" Kiyoko yelled.

Oikawa stood shocked as he watched his friend in pain. He didn't mean to, but it had happened and he felt bad.

The game was paused as the Karasuno members surrounded the first year, who was still in pain.

"Himari, are you okay? Can you walk?" Ukai asked.

After a while, she shook her head and gasped as more pain shot up her leg. Kiyoko stood up, but Himari just pushed her back down.

Himari finally looked up with a tear stained face. Everyone was a little surprised, since they had never seen her cry before.

"I'll go to the infirmary, you guys stay here."

Suga immediately shook his head,"I'll take you. I'm not going to be put in the game again, and Kiyoko and Takeda need to be here to take notes."

Himari stared at him before nodding. He put an arm around her and helped her out of the gym. The Karasuno team was angry and Seijoh could tell.

"Let's beat them for Mari." Noya said.

"Yeah!"

On the Seijoh side, Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa before turning to head to his spot.

"We'll apologize after the game."

Oikawa was silent for a moment before nodding, "Right."

~

Himari tried hard not to cry as the nurse poked at her swollen knee. The nurse finally finished and turned to Himari.

"Have you ever injured your knee before?"

Himari nodded, "Yeah, I tore my ACL twice and broke my knee."

"When did that happen?"

Himari thought for a moment, "I tore my ACL the first time during my first year in middle school at the same time as I broke my knee. I tore it again during my second year in middle school."

The nurse nodded and got out an ice pack, a knee brace, and crutches. She handed them to Himari who mentally groaned.

"It's unlikely that you tore your ACL again, but use the crutches and brace to alleviate some of the pain, and use the ice pack to make the swelling go down."