Two Suns

The next day when Himari entered the gym, she was exhausted. She had arrived late at night from Tokyo and then she stayed up, because why not.

"Mari, you're back!" Hinata exclaimed.

Himari nodded and patted Hinata on the head before going to Kiyoko and Yachi.

"Nakamura, you seem tired." Yachi said.

"I already told you to call me Himari or Mari. Also, I am tired. I got back late at night."

Kiyoko nodded and allowed Himari to sit down before getting the gym ready for the practice match.

"Alright, let's get ready." Himari said to herself as she got up.

Kiyoko and Yachi had already gotten the chairs out, so Himari got out the scoreboard.

"Yachi, are you ready?" Himari asked.

Yachi flinched a little, but nodded, "I'm a little nervous though."

Kiyoko patted her on the back and laughed at her nervousness.

"Don't worry, Mari and I are here to help."

Himari nodded and Yachi gave them a determined nod. Soon, everything was set up and the team they were playing against walked in.

Everyone lined up and thanked the team.
Soon, the players were on the court, ready for the game to start.

Throughout the game, Yachi was impressed with the players and their teamwork. She could see why they loved the game.

They're incredible...

~

After the practice match, Yachi was super impressed. She was so impressed that she could only describe the game using sound effects which made Himari laugh.

"Yachi, do you want me to come over to help you learn the volleyball positions?"

Yachi looked at her friend and nodded, "Yes please!"

~

At Yachi's apartment, Himari laid on the floor as her friend flipped through a book about photography. She had told Yachi about the different positions and terminology in volleyball and even made a small booklet for her. After some silence, Himari spoke up,

"Yachi, are you going to join?"

The blonde girl was quiet for a while, making Himari sit up to see what was going on. Yachi was deep in thought with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm not sure..."

Himari sighed and laid back down. She knew Yachi had doubts, but she didn't know how to help her.

"You know, you should just talk to your mom."

Yachi quickly swiveled around in her chair and looked at the brunette with a shocked look.

"What are you talking about?!"

Himari sat up and gave Yachi a pointed look, "You're reluctant because of your mom, right? Just talk to her, or I can talk to her. I'll make her see things from your perspective."

Yachi quickly shook her head, "No, no, no, please don't do that!"

"Then make a decision. Don't go off of what your mom thinks and says. You've got to be confident in what you decide, and then your mom will listen to you."

Yachi thought over her words and was about to say something when she saw her friend already asleep. She sighed and put a blanket over her.

Be confident in my decision...

~

The next day, Himari woke up to Hinata and Kageyama talking very loudly from the living room. She walked out of Yachi's room and saw her tutoring them.

"Good morning you guys."

"Morning Mari!" Hinata exclaimed, causing Himari to wince at his volume.

"Hinata, it is way too early for you to be this happy."

The boy just gave her a smile and focused on his work again.

After two hours, the tutoring session ended and Himari, Hinata, and Kageyama were ready to go home.

"Thanks for letting me stay over."

"It's no problem! Thanks for the book!"

The brunette zoned out as Hinata and Yachi talked. When it was time to leave, Hinata remembered that he forgot his textbook. Just when he was about to run back and get it, Himari grabbed his arm.

"Hinata, convince Yachi."

He nodded and smiled before waving and running back. Kageyama yawned and Himari smiled as the two enjoyed the quiet walk.

~

Later in the week, Himari was walking home when she saw a poster in a store window. She smiled when she realized it was Yachi's little project and the reason the team would be able to go to Tokyo.

"I want one for my room." Himari said to herself as she looked at the poster.

She got out her phone and texted Yachi, and quickly got a reply saying,

'Of course!'

~

Exams had finally finished that week, which meant that Yachi was officially joining the volleyball team as manager.

Once the bell rang, Himari got up and dragged her friend to the gym. She gave her a smile as she went up to Daichi and whispered in his ear. He nodded and told Suga, who rushed and got a team jacket, giving it to Kiyoko.

"Alright guys, exams are over, so that means Yachi is officially joining the team as manager." Daichi announced.

Kiyoko handed Yachi her jacket and the blonde girl looked at it with awe. Everyone smiled and turned around pointing to their backs.

"Welcome to the volleyball club!"

"I promise I'll do my best!" Yachi exclaimed