surprise?

Travis' POV

"Hey you guys." I smiled when I opened the door and saw Patrick and Brittany.

"Travis!" Brittany hugged me tightly. "Oh it's been ages, how are you?"

"Good." I grinned at Patrick over her shoulder. "How's the little devils doing?"

They both laughed, catching me up about their kids and what they'd been up to in the last few weeks I'd been busy. I'd invited my family – Mom, Dad, Jason, and Kylie – and a few friends over since it had been almost a month since Taylor and I had started dating, and we still hadn't told anyone at all. We'd managed to keep it a complete secret, and we'd decided to tell some people tonight.

Everyone was shifting around in the kitchen and living room, my Mom helping me with dinner while everyone else got drinks and chatted. I moved to keep finishing up dinner, taking the meat out of the oven to rest.

Aris and Ross showed up soon after that, and my house was quickly bustling with laughter and conversation. It was nice to see everyone again, and in all of the catching up, it slipped my mind that I was supposed to tell my friends and family about Taylor before she arrived.

I heard the click of my front door as I got some plates out, everyone else sitting in the living room. Footsteps came down from the front hall and I smiled when I looked up and saw Taylor coming in, smiling happily at me as she put a duffel bag down. She also had a plastic container in her arms full of cookies, which she set on the counter before moving right into my arms.

"Hey you." She whispered as every thought was wiped from my mind.

"Hi there baby." I smiled as she took my face in her hands and leaned in to kiss me softly. God I still wasn't used to the feeling of her lips against mine, and it was the damn most incredible feeling in the whole world. I couldn't help but pull her closer, sliding my hands around her waist to kiss her back passionately. "How was your flight?" I murmured when we finally pulled away.

"Good." Taylor sighed, blinking up at me with a cute smile. "I..."

"Umm, what the fuck?" An insistent voice broke us apart, and we looked over to see everyone in my living room staring at us with wide eyes. Jason – the one who had spoken – laughed in disbelief. "Are we just going to act like it's normal that Taylor Swift just walked in and kissed Travis? Please tell me this is the funniest fucking prank in the world."

I laughed, putting my arm around Taylor's shoulders and pulling her close. She wrapped her arms around my waist, giggling nervously as I kissed her temple. Everyone else looked even more shocked, exchanging glances like they were trying to guess if we were joking or not.

"I forgot." I murmured to Taylor, and she sighed fondly at me.

"You're such an idiot." She winked at me, and I rubbed her shoulder as I smiled back.

"Alright." I addressed the room. "My bad, I was supposed to tell you before she got here. But yeah, Taylor reached out when she heard about the podcast, and we've been keeping it really quiet since then so we can just have time alone." Everyone was staring at us, still unsure, confused. Then Patrick laughed.

"Yeah, good one." He said. Taylor cocked an eyebrow like she'd been challenged, taking a step forwards and leaning with her hands against the counter.

"Travis is scared of E.T." She said, and I blinked at her. "He's seen every single episode of friends six times. He says mint chocolate chip ice cream is a crime against humanity, but he secretly likes it even though he'd never admit it. He sometimes plays games with colorful nails because his nieces love to paint them and he won't wipe them off. He's got an Eagles shirt he'd never let anyone see him in because he thinks Jason will make fun of him but he's the most supportive person you'll ever meet. He's good at cooking but not so much at baking, and he's got a birthmark on his back that's almost in the shape of a heart if you look at it the right way."