𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 45

~Plsss VOTE and COMMENT!! Mainly VOTE~

-Start of Chapter 45-

It gets worse. Much worse.

The coughing fits grow more frequent, each one more violent than the last. Dark blood stains my handkerchiefs, my sheets, my clothes. But I don't tell anyone. I can't bear the thought of adding more worries to their already heavy burdens.

The next morning, the aftermath of the argument with Jungwon lingers in the air. I dress carefully, trying to hide the dark stains on my clothes. I hope no one will notice, that I can get through the day without anyone asking questions.

But Jungwon notices.

He always notices.

As I move through the hall, trying to keep to myself, I feel his eyes on me. When I turn the corner, he is there, his expression cold and distant. His gaze zeroes in on the black stain on my dress, his brows furrowing.

"Lady Y/N" he says, his voice devoid of warmth. "What's that on your dress?"

I glance down, my heart pounding. "It's nothing" I reply quickly, my voice too high, too defensive. "Just a spill."

His eyes narrow, and I know he doesn't believe me.

"Don't lie to me," he says, stepping closer. "What happened?"

"I told you, it's nothing" I insist, trying to move past him. But he blocks my path, his presence looming.

"You're lying," he states, his voice hardening, a cold edge to his tone. "I can feel it. You're hiding something."

I meet his gaze, trying to keep my expression neutral, but the intensity in his eyes is too much. I look away, the guilt and fear bubbling up inside me.

"Lady Y/N" he says sharply, the softness gone. "I'd rather you tell about it before I find out myself."

I shake my head, refusing to meet his eyes. "I can't."

His frustration is visible, his emotions rolling off him in waves. "Why won't you trust me? Why won't you let me help you?"

"Didn't you just say yesterday I don't deserve your help. So why care? I'd rather not talk to you Jungw- I mean Prince Jungwon."

His jaw clenches, and I can see the struggle in his eyes. He wants to push, to demand answers, but he holds back. For a moment, there is only silence between us, the tension thick and suffocating.

"Fine," he says finally, his voice colder than ever. "If you won't tell me, then I'll find out on my own."

With that, he turns and walks away, leaving me standing there, my heart heavy with dread. I know Jungwon won't give up. He will keep digging until he finds the truth.

~~~~~~~

I head towards the gardens, hoping the fresh air will help me clear my mind. As I walk, I hear a familiar voice singing softly. Following the sound, I find Sunoo sitting alone on a bench, his voice carrying a gentle melody through the air.

Sunoo's singing brings back memories of simpler times when we would spend hours together in the gardens, his voice always managing to lift my spirits. A small smile tugs at my lips as I approach him, the memories momentarily pushing away my worries.

"Sunoo-ah..." I call softly, not wanting to startle him.

He looks up, surprise quickly giving way to a warm smile. "Y/N, what are you doing here?"