7

Katara

By the time I get home the other guys are already there. I sigh, I really wanted to be alone.

"Hey Kat! What's-" James takes one look at me and stops. He gets up. "I'm gonna go get some snacks. Kat help me?" It sounded more like a demand than a question.

I nod anyway. "Sure."

We walk into the kitchen. I sit myself on the counter. He leans against the wall.

"Kaaaaaat what happened?"

"Nothing." I swing my legs.

He walks over and goes in between my legs, so we're face to face. "Baby, I know your lying."

I tell him everything. After that I burst into tears and he holds me.

"Shhhhhh baby it'll be okay."

"Katara?!" Kendall yells from the other room.

"I'll deal with him. You go upstairs, love."

I nod and scurry up the stairs. I run to my room and slam the door.

"What?!!!" Kendall's angry now. He should be, I fucked up big time. I don't even know why I snapped at Calum. None of this was his fault.

I throw myself on my bed and cry into a pillow. I sigh and get my guitar. I start singing to myself.

"Da da da da. The smell of your skin lingers on me now. You're probably on your flight back to your home town. I need some shelter of my own protection, baby. To be with myself and center clarity, peace, serenity. I hope you know, I hope you know.That this has nothing to do with you.It's personal, myself and I. We've got some straightenin' out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket. But I've got to get a move on with my life. It's time to be a big girl now. And big girls don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. The path that I'm walking I must go alone. I must take the baby steps 'til I'm full grown, full grown. Fairytales don't always have a happy ending, do they? And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay. Like the little school mate in the school yard. We'll play jacks and uno cards. I'll be your best friend and you'll be my Valentine. Yes, you can hold my hand if you want to. 'Cause I want to hold yours too. We'll be playmates and lovers and share our secret world. But it's time for me to go home. It's getting late and dark outside. I need to be with myself and center clarity, peace, serenity. La da da da da da."

"Kat?" My door opens slightly. Kendall pokes his head in and smiles slightly. "I heard your song."

I shrug and put my guitar on the stand.

"Kitty Kat?" James stands next to Kendall. I roll my eyes at his nickname for me.

"Baby girl please talk to us." Logan pokes his head in.

"Katara?" Carlos comes in and frowns at me.

I sigh. "I hurt him. I didn't mean to." My voice was small and cracked here and there.

"We know Kat. It's okay." Kendall sits next to me.

"No it's not okay. It'll never be okay." I clench my fist.

"Kitty Kat we love you and we-"

Kendall hits him over the head. "No! Hell no!"

"What?" I look at James.

He rubs the back of his head. "We know the 1D boys. They're friends with the 5sos boys. We can help you out."

I smirk. "I kinda wanna make him jealous. Can you help me with that?"

Logan scratches the back of his neck. "I don't know, baby girl. Are you sure?"

"Yes." I cross my legs at the ankle and fold my hands in my lap. Kendall shoots James a glare.

James winces. "Do you want Harry, Liam, Niall, Louis? You can't have Zayn."

I think about it. "Harry."