18

Katara

What was that all about? CC seemed really upset.

"Kat, talk to me baby." Ashton looks at me with concern.

I stifle a sob. "I just don't know what I did to deserve this."

"You didn't do anything baby." He rubs my back.

Why does he keep calling me baby?

"Ash, I must've done something. I just don't know what." I put my head in my hands.

"Baby look at me."

I look at him. "Why do you keep calling me bab-"

I was cut off by his lips on mine. My eyes widen and I quickly push him off.

"Ashton!"

Calum

After CC was gone, I fixed my hair the best I could and went to the elevator.

No one else was there, so I rehearsed my lines:

"Katara...... Kat...... Katara Schmidt, I know I messed up but I love you and-" I sigh. "I'm an idiot for thinking you'll take me back."

The elevator dings and I walk out the front doors. I cover my mouth at the sight before me. Luckily they're facing the other side of the street.

Katara stifles a sob. "I just don't know what I did to deserve this."

"Oh Kat, I'm so sorry. You didn't do anything baby." I wanted to say that but I couldn't bring myself to talk or move.

"You didn't do anything baby." Ash rubs her back. I bite my tounge to keep from screaming. She's my baby not his!

"Ash, I must've done something. I just don't know what." She puts her head in her hands.

"Baby look at me."

She looks at him. "Why do you keep calling me bab-"

She was cut off by his lips on hers. Her eyes widen and she quickly pushes him off. I clench my fist.

"Ashton!" Her cheeks burn red and she stands up.

"Kat, you should be with me!" He stands next to her and grabs her shoulders. "Calum only gives you heartbreak."

"But, Ashton-"

"Katara! Look at yourself! Your crying because of him!" He cuts her off.

"BUT I LOVE HIM!" She pulls away from him.

My heart lept to my throat. She loves me!

They both look at me. "Did I say that outloud?"

They nod. Oops.

"Cal!" Katara runs into my arms. I melt into her embrace.

"Oh Cal." She murmurs into my chest. I kiss her forehead.

Ash runs a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry guys."

"For what mate?" I ask. Kat pulls away and stands next to me.

"You two have something real. I got in the way." He shakes his head and looks at his hand.

Kat puts her hand on my chest. "Cal?"

I take her hands in mine, rubbing my thumbs over them, and look her in the eyes. "I love you, Kat, but Ash is one of my best friends. I hate seeing him like this."

She nods and I put my hand on her cheek. She put her hand on mine, closing her eyes.

I let her go and walk to Ashton. I put my hand on his shoulder. "I'm not mad mate."

"But I kissed her! How can you not be mad?" His eyes widen.

I chuckle. "C'mon guys, Mikey and Luke probably already ate half the pizza. Let's get upstairs."

"Cal, my car."

"Right. I'll call the police and tell them not to tow it. Then we'll get it tomorrow."

She nods and we go upstairs. We all spend the rest of the night eating pizza, playing board games and watching TV.