69

Calum

I wake up momentarily forgetting where I am. I look at Kat and it all comes back to me. Tears sting my eyes. I glance to the far corner and see everyone asleep back there, even the rest of my band.

I squeeze Kat's hand and sing to her.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you......

I stop, unable to go on. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look and see Blake. She gives a slight nod and we start singing.

And I... am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Everyone else joins.

And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-Ooh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something...

I feel my hand being squeezed and my gaze shifts to Katara.

Her eyes flutter open. Kendall runs over to her side and holds her other hand. Tears roll down his cheeks. He quickly wipes them away but they continue flowing.

Katara started mouthing words. "You can't speak with the endotracheal tube in." Kendall pats her hand. He gets her a note pad and a pen off of the nightstand and hands it to her. I release my grip so she can write.

She scribbles a few words on the note pad and hands it to me:

"The baby?"

I shake my head. "No info yet."

Tears stream down her face. She scribbles, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I take the note pad away from her. "You need to calm down babe."

She shakes her head and snatches it back and scribbles. "I'm sorry I am not perfect. I'm sorry I cut. I'm sorry I break my promises. I'm sorry I want to give up. I'm sorry I want to die. I'm sorry I want to kill myself. I'm sorry I hide my emotions. I'm sorry I lie when I say I'm fine. I'm sorry I am pushing you away."

The monitors go baliztic. She starts shaking. Doctors and nurses pour in, pushing us out.

I scream over the crowd, "I FORGIVE YOU! STAY WITH ME!"

They slam the door in my face. I bang on the door.

"Calum..." Ashton tries to calm me down.

"Stay..... Stay............... stay." I sink to the ground.

✴✴✴

I've been outside her door for about two hours now. I only move when someone brings me some food or drinks.