24 Promotions

Scorpion's POV

"How did you do that?!" asked Cider, one of the useless idiots standing behind me.

"Does it matter? You two failed your mission!! She's just a helpless girl!!!! How could anyone possibly-!" Something moved in the streets. "We've been followed. Move out."

"Yes Mam!!" Cider and Soju replied in unison. They left, headed their own roots to home base.

Alone, I was about to take a peep at the girl's face. I still haven't seen it, and REALLY wanted to see who this was. "Don't you dare, Scorpion. Trust me, you DO NOT want to know." Akako's voice warned me.

"I still don't see the point in it, but whatever. At least Gin and Vodka will be happy. Also, if you're still near by, KID is watching. I saw a glimpse of white. Mind getting rid of him? Erase his memory or something?"

"Sure. Just make the people in your organisation stop picking on him."

"Can't promise that, Snake still holds a grudge. but maybe it can blow over... Pandora's in our possession, so I see no reason to worry about that. You don't have to worry about being shot either. I'll make sure higher ranks know nothing of your hand in this. Pleasure doing business with you."

"Ok, but don't look at her face. I'll be watching."

"Whatever. I'm going." I hate not knowing things...

*=*=*=*=*=*

TIME SKIP

*=*=*=*=*=*

I arrived at the home base shortly. The girl has yet to wake up. I grinned at my own strength. Stopping in front of the big doors to the main entrance, the scanner looked me over. A speaker came on. "Who is the girl? What purpose does she have?"

"Snake gave me orders to fetch her for Gin. I must see Gin immediately. Tell him I have completed the mission he gave to me, Scorpion."

I was allowed entry, and was soon being lead down a long hall way to Gin's quarters. The door slid open, and I was left alone.

I set the girl down in a chair, making sure her hair covered up her face. Not the time to be yelled at by Akako. She doesn't scare me, but the things Gin would do to me if I suddenly had to leave this meeting due to that crazy witch... I try not to think about things like that.

Vodka entered through another door and commanded me to come in, and that I could leave her there for now.

Gin was sitting in a chair, back turned to me, at the end of a very long table. "Sit." I sat. "So, from what I have been told, you have secured a test subject to try our theory on?"

"Even better, sir." He turned around and put this elbows on the table. I could tell he had all eyes on me, even if they were hidden under his hat.

"How so?"

"The test subject I have for you is the girl who made it into a base a few days ago. Along with her capture, the formula in now back in our hands. Unfortunately, I was spotted by someone. I currently have some men hunting him down. I doubt it will be much trouble. You have no reason to worry about that."

Gin grinned. (Try saying that 5 times fast!) "It is a problem someone saw, but I have no doubt you will silence them. You have surly done some remarkable things scene you joined only a few months ago... First the Pandora, and now this! Your future here is bright. I'll send a note to the boss requesting another promotion. In the mean time, why don't you go take a short break?"

"Thank you, sir. That would be great."

"You are dismissed."

"Yes sir."

I could hear him talking to someone on the phone as I left. Another promotion... I could become the right hand man at this rate!! Smirking, I caught one last look at the new test subject being carried away by Vodka.

Who is she? Why doesn't Akako want me to know?

I don't like not knowing things!!!!!!!