Chapter 20: Answers Await

The sun was twinkling through the blinds and my eyes began so flutter open. The hospital was quite, I looked over to see Sid fast a sleep the chair. It didn't seem like he slept much last night. I had a horrible headache and my leg hurt bad. The nurse entered the room and replaced my IV bag.

"Alright Clair, the doctor will be up momentarily"

I reclined my bed back and began to think of what happened the other night. I came to realization that I wanted to be with Sid, I needed to be with Sid. The fact that he was so mad at me, but forgot it all just to come make sure I was okay.. He was so mad because he cared, he's just a bit stubborn when it came to listening.

The doctor walked in with his theta scope around his neck and a clip board in his hand.

"Good morning Clair"

"morning doctor"

"Everything okay?"

"I have a bag migraine and my leg hurts"

"Okay I'll have the nurse bring pain medication and in about an hour were gonna send you for a casting"

He checked my heart rate and took my blood pressure. Everything was okay except I had some bad bruises on my arm. The doctor left and ordered the nurse to bring me pancakes. Sid slowly began to wake up and I shut my eyes and pretended I was sleeping. He got up and came over to me and kissed me on the cheek. He grabbed my hand and began mumbling from what I herd it sounded like
"It's all my fault" he weeped

"If I had just listened to you, if I trusted you.. You wouldn't be hurt.. It's all my fault babe" he said while kissing my hand

I opened my eyes and they became glassy..

"Sid it's not your fault"

He became startled "Yes it is, I'm so sorry" his voice trembled as he spoke

"Sid stop it, it happened for a reason, I just don't know what it is... Bedside I'll be fine"

The other doctor walked in and sat me up straight in bed.

"Alright Clair were gonna bring you to the x-Ray room to take some more X-rays than we will get you in a cast"

A nurse brought a wheelchair and Sid helped me onto it. The doctor rolled me into the x-Ray room and began taking pictures. He told me I would have a cast for a good 6 weeks if everything went right. He casted me up with a black cast. He rolled me back to my room and Sid was gone. The nurse left me crutches on the side of my bed and hooked me back up to my IV.

I grabbed the remote from the night table and turned the tv on. It turned onto the news and the first thing that came out of the reporters mouth
"Sidney Crosby possibly suspended from the NHL for punching a man in the jaw"

Punching a man in the jaw? My Sid punched a man? My mind was spinning with thoughts. No way this is true, why would he even.... I shuttered and whispered through my mouth "Ryan..." If Sid were to lay a single hand on anyone it would have had to be Ryan. I shut the tv off and put the remote back, I couldn't listen anymore. I pulled open the draw on the night table to grab my phone and found a card inside. The card was sealed in a plain white envelope, I opened the card and began reading the note.

"Dear you,
When we grow up, we face a lot of decisions in life. Some will make us and some will break us. But being strong is the only thing we can do. But realize pain is worth the happiness that is coming. Just make decisions with your heart and not you mind because very often the mind gets in the way of your heart"

At the bottom of the note it was dated 1986, a coupled years before my birth year. I doubt that this had been here that long. Maybe people read it and than put it back? But that doesn't make sense. I placed my phone in the draw earlier and the evolope wasn't there. Something was telling me to keep the letter so I slipped it inside my bag that Sid brought. I zipped it up and suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said with a smile

"Morning Clair, how are you feeling"

" eh okay.. Can I see the baby?"

Justin placed the baby in my arms, and she was fast asleep.

"How are you feeling?" He said taking a seat at the end of my bed

"I'm okay.. Have. You talked to Sid?"

"Just the night when he told me you were in the hospital.... Why?"

"I went for x-rays and he hasn't been back..."

"Well If I know anything about Sid he's got some trick up his sleeve"

The nurse walked in and handed my pain medication.

"There's no possible way your pregnant right? Asked the nurse

"No believe me, no"

I popped a pain med and she helped elevate my leg and fluff my pillows.

"Alright we'll call me when they release you... Isn't your plain ride Sunday?"

"Oh yea I'll be out like Saturday night... I was cleared to fly home"

"Okay I'll see later"

He picked up the baby and left the room. It was late and Sid was still no where to be found. I got up and grabbed the wheelchair and sat. I began rolling my self down the hall. I remembered that the babies were on the third floor because of when Justin had his baby. I rolled Into the elevator and hit the floor 3 button. The elevator opened on the third floor and rolled up to the window.

Each baby lied sound sleep and cozy. A nurse walked in and picked up a baby and began feeding it. She glanced at me staring and singled me to the door. She opened the door and asked if I would like to hold the baby. I nodded in response. Before she placed the baby in my arms she sanitized me. Slowly she slipped the baby boy into my arms. I looked down an he fussed just a bit. I rocked him until he was fast asleep again. He was so precious, so beautiful. His tag read the name of Jason. Jason, what a beautiful name. I handed him back to the nurse and she placed him back in his crib. Sleep crept upon me and I rolled back up to my room. Slowly I crept into the hospital bed, falling fast asleep.