Epilogue Part 3

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be sitting at the NHL draft, patiently waiting for my son to be drafted. (I wanna say Blake is 18 and Sid is about 46, and were gonna assume he is retired)

I squeezed my handsome sons hand, his dark hair was slicked back and he was dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. For me, him being in the NHL won't be much different than Sid. I'm use to the travel and constant worry of injury, I just felt bad for Blake's girlfriend, Lindsey. She was a small brunette with these beautiful hazel eyes. She sat on the other side of Blake dressed in a summery purple dress. I had grown fond of her, she fit the family well. Her and Blake babysat Lila for Sid and I, Lila had taken a special liking to her.

The draft was underway and I could basically hear my heart beating in my chest. I only focused when they started the first pick, the penguins.

"With the first round draft pick, the Pittsburgh penguins select center Blake Crosby"

I was overcome with a wave of joy and pride. We all stand and with teary eyes as Blake hugs us before running on stage. When he reaches the stage they place a penguins cap on him after he slips on the jersey. A few pictures and than he disappears to backstage. The Crosby family would hopefully be with the amazing penguins organization for a long time.

"Can you believe it?" mumbles Sid

"I'm at a lost for words"

"Man I can't wait for this summer, lots of training" he smirks

This was my life, my handsome son would be paying hockey, Sid will always be looked on as best in the game, and now, hopefully one of the best coaches in the penguins organization. I will watch Blake take on the roll of being Crosby's son, it will come with a lot of expectation. I also had my lovely daughter Lila who was furthering her hockey career, she had an interest in playing in the Olympics. My life revolved around my hockey family, but it was my perfect hockey family.