Chapter 50: Planning

A couple weeks after my father walked me down the isle, my father passed away. I was a complete mess, even tho I had prepared for that day for a couple months now. Sid became my rock, without him I probably would've fallen into a really bad depression. All the guys and their wives/girlfriends helped a lot to, especially Nathalie.

I always want to see my brothers but not how I saw them a few weeks ago, all dressed in black with glassy eyes. It sucked alot, I still cry when Sid isn't home. I've been trying to push past it, it sucks that I had waited this long to reconcile our relationship but I was happy that we at least did fix everything.

Now It was November, my stressed self had forgot that my birthday was tomorrow. Sid was supposed to be taking me out to dinner and I had yet to find a dress. Speaking of dresses, before we left for Sochi in two months I would be having my first dress fittings, I was super excited!

I was sitting in the bathroom curling my hair and doing my makeup when I noticed Sid behind me in the mirror.
"Hey babe" I said as I curled another section of hair.
"Are you ready?"
"Almost, let me just finish this piece and change"
"Okay hurry" he thank kissed my cheek than left.

I wore a Marylyn Monroe type dress that was white with a low v. I had white pumps on and a few gold bracelets on my arm. Once I was finished getting dressed I headed downstairs where Sid waited for me.
"Where to?" I asked as we walked to the car
"A nice steak house"
"Wow you actually told me this time?" I said baffled
"Oh shut up" he chuckled back

Once we arrived at the restaurant Sid took my hand and squeezed it as we walked in.
"What's wrong?" I asked him, seeing that he was shaking
"Nothing, I just want this to go perfect" he smiled, I could stare at that smile all day.
We walked into the restaurant and were guided to the back room. When the lady flicked on the light everyone jumped up and screamed surprise. I was honestly taken back, I hadn't thought of a surprise party.

"Surprise babe" said Sid as he kissed my forehead
"You didn't have to do this for me" I laughed
"Yes he did!" exclaimed Clarissa, her baby bump was now more obvious. James cam behind her and wrapped his arms around her and her stomach.
"Happy birthday Clair" said James

Once I said hello to everybody and everything calmed down, we were all seated. I was seated with Sid, Neal and Clarissa. Sid stood up from the table with a glass of champagne in his hand.
"Excuse me" he shouted to divert everyone's attention
"Thank you all for coming out tonight to celebrate my soon to be wives birthday. I can honestly say I've found my other half, I'm the luckiest man in the world" he was now choking on his own words, I couldn't help but tear
"Here's to our relationship, it's been a roller coaster but it only goes up from here....To Clair" he raised his glass and so did everyone else. I clanked my glass against his than whispered that I loved him before taking a few sips from the glass.

The rest of the night was filled with laughes, music, dancing and just a good time. I couldn't imagine a better birthday than wha I had. Two days after my birthday Sid left for an away game and I spent the day pampering myself with Clarissa.
"Have you looked up what kind of dress you want?" she asked as she took out the tub of ice cream from the fridge
"I was thinking of mermaid or like a ball gown type deal"
"I like mermaid, what about for the bridesmaids?"
"I was thinking high low dresses, I might have picked them out already, yours will be a little different from the others" I said as I watched her start eating the icecream
"Don't be putting on more wait than needed" I laughed at her in good fun
"I'm eating for two!" she snapped back
"Whatever you say"

*
All decorations for the wedding were picked out, I was months ahead of schedule with everything. The only thing I needed to do now was get dresses/tuxes and that made me feel good. Since I was so ahead of everything I began planning Clarissa baby shower which would be in April, during playoffs.

The color was gonna be baby blue and I was having it in the same place my reception would be, except a smaller room. I picked a red velvet cake, we were gonna have a all you can eat buffet, candy bar and I was working on getting the chair she would sit in.

I ordered a whole bunch of custom stuff for the baby, plus Sid and I agreed that we would buy the babies car seat and carriage. I was still indecisive on what carriage I wanted to get her but I still had plenty of time. And me being her best friend, I needed to get her something from only me. I decided on a coach diaper bag, I knew Clarissa would instantly be in love with it.

Once I was done getting basic details done I had to focus my attention to the diaper drive. All the penguins girlfriends/wives were helping out with it before a game. I changed into my Crosby shirt and some dark jeans. I slipped on my black boots and pulled my hair into loose pony tail. Sid was already gone for the game, I was heading over to the rink.

When I arrived there was table set up along the entrance, familiar faces stood behind them. I quickly parked my car and found Nathalie who was helping out also.
"Hey baby doll" she said as she hugged me
"Hey so what am I doing?"
"They're just going to be dropping diapers off and we have to load them in the trunk thank hand them a small poster that has a number, later tonight when they announce the winning number the person gets to come meet the players"

Well later that night a 5'2 blonde chick in 5 inch heels won the pass to the locker room and I didn't appreciate it one bit. She was all over Sid, I had to admit it but I was being overprotective, I wanted her no where near him. But Sid assured me I was over reacting and I was the only person he loves, than told me to look at my left hand.

*AUTHORS NOTE* *VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

50th chapter! You know what that means, as you swipe to continue reading you will be reading the first chapter to my new upcoming Sidney Crosby fanfic! Please tell me what you think and don't forget to vote!