Chapter 34: Because Its The Cup

*
We just landed in Chicago and my nerves were going crazy. Today we might bring home the cup. I knew that it might happen but at the same time I could grasp the concept of it. Since we were all flying out back home after this game there was no use in getting a hotel room. I just packed my purse, than brining a change of clothes with me.

We got to the United Center and Sid headed out to the locker room to change and get ready for a workout than a quick practice. I was stuck here for a while but everyone else was out enjoying Chicago's beautiful weather. I found a bathroom and changed into my clothes. Sid told me not to wear his jersey, which I found kind of weird. If we won the cup tonight Pittsburgh would be absolutely crazy. I had on white jeans a black penguins tank that was flowy and had gold jewelry on to show team colors.

I had a penguins pendant on and some black open toe wedges. Since we didn't have a hotel I had to put on makeup in the UC bathroom which wasn't the best but I would have to do. I just did my eyeliner and mascara like usual than pulled my hair to the side. After I went to the locker room to put my sweats in Sid's bag and headed out to watch morning practice. The guys did a couple drills to get warned up and once they were done with laps and stretching they ran through some lines.

Practice ended early so Sid and I headed to a Red Robbin near by. My favorite thing to get is their onion ring tower. It was Sid's first time trying it which was kind of entertaining to watch him try it for the first time.

I just munched on the onion rings while Sid ordered a big burger. Sid defiantly ate like a hockey player, not a single crumb was left on his plate. My brothers would do the same thing that my poor mother would have to make 2 things of pasta, on for them and than one for me her and dad. Sid and I hing around Red Robbins for a bit but he seemed jittery again. He kept playing with his hands and stuttering his words every time we talked. He seemed nervous, which was weird because normally Sid was never nervous for a game.

----- Sid's POV
Tonight could possibly be the night. It could end in me asking Clair to be my wife or take a different turn and we could be going into a Game 7. All I could think about was proposing to Clair right there on the ice in front of everyone. But as soon as game time hit I couldn't think of her or what would happen after the game, I needed to focus on the game solely.

Clair looked so perfect today. She was wearing a gold necklace I had bought her for valentines day. Her outfit was cute, since I told her not to wear my jersey she put on team colors anyway. The other day Clarissa took her out to get a manicure so her nails would be done for when the ring was on her finger.

I looked at Clair and everything she was and is. She's changed my life but for better. I've learned to slow down and enjoy little things. There's more stuff outside of hockey that I never appreciated before Clair came along. I still think back to this day, if I never went into Starbucks I would never have Clair.

"Babe?, hello?" Clair said shaking my arm
"Uh yea?" I said snapping back to reality
"I said do you wanna head over to the UC so you can get a pregame nap?"
"Uh yea sure lets go"

I paid for the bill than put my arm around her as we walked back to the UC. The weather outside was beautiful and just about everyone in Chicago had Blackhawks gear on for tonight's game
We reached the United Center and went to one of the back rooms that had a sofa in it.
"Take a pregame nap with me" I asked her
"Baby I don't wanna mess up my hair"
"Please" I said pulling her over to the couch

Kicking off my shoes I lied down and Clair climbed on top of me. She cuddled into my side making sure her hair or makeup wouldn't get ruined.
I quickly fell asleep while rubbing her back.

*

-----Clair's POV
The game was gonna start in an hour so we went and found our seats pretty early. Since it was a big night we all got pictures together with the ice in the back. Every seat had a Blackhawks towel towel on it to help cheer on the team. I had butterflies in my stomach as we watched the puck drop. I couldn't help but sit at the edge of my seat the whole first period. The penguins were trailing the hawks 1-0 at the end of first but I was okay because we still had lots of time left.