Chapter 52: Ashton

As quickly as Sochi came was as quickly as it was gone. Russia was absolutely beautiful and Geno was so happy when he showed us around. Canada took the gold, no surpirse, their roster alone was amazing. Once Sochi was over Sid went with the groomsmen and got the tuxes for the wedding, they were all light grey, except Sid's was black. Their pockets would hold royal blue hanker shifts to tie into the wedding colors. As for the baby shower, everything was about done, the shower would be in April, and Clarissa's baby bump was in full effect. I was happy for her and Neal, everything was coming along.

Today Sid and I had a plane to canada, we were gonna do some shopping for the house there. "I wanna have it all done by the time we get married, so it's settled" said Sid as he pulled the car into the furniture store parking lot.

"I know but babe how much time will we actually spend here?" I question

"All summer, our kids are gonna love it" he than kissed my forehead

"I know they will" I smiled back

We picked color schemes for rooms, I wanted that done before we actually spent money on furniture. Sid's parents were gonna over look the workers because Sid and I couldn't stay in Canada for longer than two days, again Sid's crazy schedule.

*

"Clarissa were gonna be late" I mumbled as I stood at the front door.

"Why are in such a rush? It's only Kunitz's wife's surprise party" she said as she struggled to get her very large belly around the table. I had lied about the party, I didn't even know when Kunitz's wife's birthday was but it was an excellent plan to deceive Clarissa.

I had her backup dress in my trunk so she could change once we got to the venue. Once we did reach the venue, I sent a text to everyone notifying them that we were here.Once we walked down the long corridor I paused at the doors.

"Are you gonna open them?" snapped Clarissa

"After you" I smirked as I pulled the door open. The room erupted with cheers and laughs, Clarissa's face was in pure shock.

"You did this for me?" she asked as she turned to me

"Yep I did" Once Clarissa said hello to everyone, I took her to the bathroom to change. She wore a long strapless black dress with rhinestone sandals. The decorations were perfect, baby blue balloons were hung everywhere. The present table was scattered with presents, big and small.

Baby blue table cloths, with a big baby bottle as the center piece that was filled with different types of candy. Familiar faces were all over the room as we came together to celebrate Clarissa's baby. Once everyone was settled, and champagne glasses filled with apple cider were passed out I began getting everyone's attention. Clarissa stood next to me with a big smile plastered on her face.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming out today. Clarissa is my best friend, we're going through a crazy journey together and were about to add someone else with us. I can't wait to meet the little fella and Clarissa I know your going to make the best mother. So just this once we can make a toast with apple cider to you, James and the new baby"

I raised my glass and clanked it on Clarissa who had tears in her eyes. Once we ate and enjoyed a great dinner, we pulled the traditional baby shower chair. I placed the "soon to be mom" sash around Clarissa as she took a seat. A few of her friends helped me bring the gifts in front of her. One by one she opened them. The room was full of laughs and giggles from some of the gifts, one was fill of grandma underwear as a joke.

Once the day was over, I was helping Clarissa load all the gifts into the truck, some where so big like the carriage but we managed to fit.

"Clair I can't believe you did this all for me"

"It's what bestfriends do, besides you'll be doing it for my baby shower one day"

"God I can't wait till you and Sid have kids" she laughed

"Neither can I, were almost done with the house up in Canada. There's just one room that isn't done and that's the babies"

"Well you just have to wait a bit, I promise it will be worth it.... I'm hopping James pops the question after the baby is born" she sighed

"He will, believe me James is really serious about this relationship" I smiled at her.

* May 3rd 2:51 am*

Ring..ring...ring

My tired eyes weakly opened as I looked at my phone screen.

"Hello?" I said groggily

"Wake up! IM GONNA HAVE A BABY" screamed Clarissa into my ear sending me up from my bed

"Did you leave already?"

"Just about to, my water just broke"

"Pick me up! I'll be ready in a minute"

"What's going on?" asked Sid with his face half buried in the pillow

"Clarissa is in labor"

"Huh?" he mumbled

"Are you coming or not?" I asked as slipped on sweatpants and his sweatshirt.

"I'm coming" he pushed himself out of bed and threw on a sweatshirt. We both waited outside the house until the car pulled up.

"Hurry up!" yelled James as we climbed into the car. It wasn't long before we reached the hospital room and Clarissa was wheeled off into a room.

"Your gonna be a father" Sid said slapping James on the shoulder

"Can you fucking believe it?"

"Whose gonna be the lucky god parents?"

"My sister is gonna be the godmother maybe Geno or one of my brothers as the god father"

"Whoever you choose will be lucky" I said as I smiled at him

"James Neal?" asked the nurse as she gazed down at her clipboard

"That's me" James said

"Well come with me sir, your girlfriend is about to go into labor" and with that Sid and I were left waiting outside the room. My head was rested in Sid shoulder as we waited in silence. Screams erupted from the room and the occasional "push!" from the doctor.

After a few more screams, things quieted down and the heavy wooden door swung open. Behind it stood a cheeky James. "would you like to come meet Ashton?" he asked with the biggest smile on his face.

"We would love to" Sid took my hand and we walked into the room where Clarissa held a small baby boy in her arms.

"Hey guys" she said softly "this is Ashton Neal" she laughed.

"Can I hold him?" I asked and Clarissa handed me over the baby. He was so small and helpless, this reminded me of the time baby Sophia was brought into the world. I couldn't wait for it to be Sid and I's baby one day.

Shortly after the delivery of the baby Sid and I went home to catch up on sleep. My head was tucked under his and I smelt his cologne that always lingered on his clothing. His heart beat was calming as his hand ran through my hair.

"You know what?" he said abruptly

"What?"

"One day that's gonna be us, of course I'll be a hot mess while you keep things together. But were gonna have a family and our kids out gonna have a smile like yours and an aim like mine" he laughed

"Id like that alot" I said as I softly kissed his lips

AUTHORS NOTE

I am so sorry for the delay on updating. The whole Neal trade isn't sitting well with me. My favorite player is gone and now I have to maintain a long distant relationship lol. People can talk crap about him all they want but at the end of the day I know he's a crazy good player with a sick wrister. I only hope the best for James, maybe this will be like the Sequin trade. Maybe he'll really prosper in Nashville, where every he ends up I just hope he does well. He'll always have a soft spot in my heart, we heart Nealer.

As for this story, I'm sorry for the kind of filler :(((( The next chapter will be a filler also, only because it leads to the big day!