Chapter 1: Zoe Brooks

Zoe's POV:

I had my head buried in my book when I heard my 14 year old brother Ethan call me.

"Zoe!!!!!!" he screamed, as he barged into my room.

"What???" I said.

"Are you serious sis?" he asked. "You got your head in your book again?"

"Yeah so. If I'm gonna get in NYU, I need to study my butt off." I said.

"Whatever. What was I gonna tell you again? Oh yeah. Mom and Dad were online and they saw that there is going to be some sort of group tour thing to go and sight see LA." he said. "They said that you could use a break. In two weeks, you could catch a plane there and then meet up with the group in your hotel."

"And why would I be interested in that?" I said.

"Because you deserve a break. You have been studying non-stop and Mom and Dad want you to take some time off." he said.

I started to think about it. It doesn't sound too bad and I guess that I do need a break.

"Okay Ethan, tell Mom and Dad to book it for me." I said, ruffling his hair.

"Hey no-one touches the hair sis." he says. Then I made my fake sad face. "Okay I'll let you, but only cause I love you the most out of everyone." He said.  

"Aww come here." I said, giving my brother a hug.

I love my brother more than everything. He has always helped me the most when I most needed it and has never let me down on anything. If my brother wasn't around, I don't know if I would still be sane.

***********************************

2 weeks later.....

It was time for me to leave. I had all my bags packed and I was saying goodbye to my brother and parents.

"Bye baby." said Mom. "When you get there, forget about all your work and just have fun there, okay Sweetie?"

"Okay Mom." I said, giving her a hug. Then I went to my dad.

"Just remember honey that we all love you so much and we support you with whatever you want." he said.

"Okay Dad thanks." I said, giving him a hug.

Then I looked at Ethan. He looked like he was gonna cry.

"Bro calm down, I'm not going away to war or something like that." I said.

"I know but you're my best friend." he said.

"I'll only be gone a month Bro." I said.

"I know sis." he said, looking down.

"Hey, how about I get you that segway you really want?" I said.

A smile grew on his face. I hated seeing him upset.

"Really? You would really get it for me?" he asked.

"Of course I would." I said, giving him a hug.

"I'll see you guys in a month." I said as I walked out the door.

I had no idea what was in store for me the moment I stepped out that door.