Chapter 18: Preparing For The Date, The Date and Pouring His Heart Out

One hour later.....

Colby's POV:

I was so freaking nervous. I just finished up in the gym and I was literally standing outside Renee's hotel door to ask her out and I felt like I was about to shit my pants. What if I mess up? What if I act like a complete doofus and scare her away? Should I just run away? No!! You're a man, you got this. I knocked on the door and I instantly regretted it. I should run now. I can't do it. I'm too nervous and she's too good for me. 

Just as I was about to make a run for it, the door opened and there stood Renee, looking beautiful and adorable as always. She had a blue top on with white jeans and blue sandals. I just stood there breathless and I couldn't think of any words to come out of my mouth. 

"Colby??" Renee said. 

"Ummm...hi Renee." I said. What a great way to start a conversation. I'm such an idiot. 

"Was there something that you needed?" she asked, a smile on her face. 

Honestly, if I could take her smile and put it in my pocket, I would. 

"Yeah.....I was wondering if you would like to.....go on a date with me later on this afternoon?" I asked. 

"I'd love too." she said. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-wait, did you say yes?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I'd love to go out with you." she said. 

"Ummm, okay, I'll pick you up at around 3." I said, trying to act cool but inside, I was dancing like no tomorrow. 

"That sounds great." she said. 

She kissed my cheek and went back into her room. I couldn't keep my excitement inside and ended up screaming and running down the corridor.

Renee's POV:

I am so glad Colby asked me out. I closed the door and danced in my room. Literally. I heard Colby screaming, "Yes, Yes, Yes, she said yes!!"

I giggled and went to my suitcase to pick a nice outfit to wear. I also called Zoe and April. I can't wait for this date. 

***************

Zoe's POV:

I was on the couch, reading a book and waiting for Jon to come back from the gym. He was working out with Joe and Colby. A few minutes later, he came back. 

"Hi." I said, giving him a kiss. 

"Hi, was you alright?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I was fine. I was just reading." I said.

"Alright, I'm gonna shower and then I need a nap. I'm tired." he said. 

"Alright." I said as he went to the bathroom. 

I sat back down and read my book until Jon finished showering. He came out and dried his hair, put some clean clothes on and came to lie down on the couch, his head on my lap. 

"Are you sure you don't wanna lie down on the bed babe? I don't want you being uncomfortable." I said, stroking his hair. 

"Nah, I would rather lie down with you. And keep stroking. I like it." he said, getting his head comfortable in my lap.

"Alright." I said, kissing his head. 

I continued to read my book until I heard heavy breathing. I looked down and saw Jon asleep. Is it just me or do I always find Jon cute when he's sleeping?