Chapter 14: The Nervous Jon 🙃

Zoe's POV:

I was finishing up memorizing a script for an interview when I saw Jon turn around the corner. 

"Hey Jon." I said. 

"Hi Zo." he said.

"What are you up to?" I asked. 

"Well I just finished up my match so I gotta go shower." he said. 

"Okay." I said. 

I turned to walk away when he called my name out. 

"Yeah?" I said, turning around. 

"Can you come to my hotel room later? There's something I gotta ask you." he said. 

"Sure." I said. 

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked away. I wonder what he wants to talk to me about? 

********************************

Jon's POV: 

I was so nervous. I texted Zoe telling her to come to the hotel room so I could ask her what I wanted to ask. A few minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. I ran over and opened it to see Zoe looking adorable as usual. 

"Hi Jon." she said, giving me a hug. 

I always loved her hugs. She always smelt like flowers. Yeah, I like her scent. It's nice. Don't judge me. She came inside and we both sat down on the couch. 

"So, what did you want to ask me Cutie?" she asked before quickly covering her mouth. "Sorry, that kind of slipped out." 

"It's fine Princess." I said as she blushed. "Anyways, I wanted to ask if........well........if maybe...."

Crap, maybe I should have rehearsed this. I haven't asked a girl out for years. 

"If you wanted to.......you know......go out on a date with me?" I said. 

She was silent for a few seconds. I thought that now I've blown it. These past two years of friendship ruined. 

Then all of a sudden she said, "I would love to Jon." 

My eyes lit up. 

"Really?" I asked. 

"Of course." she said, giving me a huge hug. 

I am gonna plan the best date ever. It will be a night to remember.