Chapter 45: Crying and Stories

A couple hours later....

Zoe's POV:

"It's been great being here Zoe but we have to go." dad said. 

"Okay, it's been great having you here." I said, pouting. 

"We'll see each other again soon." Ethan said. 

"Zoe, can I talk to you for a moment?" Mom asked.

"Sure." I said, walking with my mom. 

"It's about Jon. I was talking to him when he seemed like he was thinking about something and next thing you know, he started crying." she said. 

"What? Why?" I asked, concerned. 

"He said he remembered his mom." Mom said. 

"Oh no, he's very sensitive when it comes to his mom." I said, wondering how he was feeling. 

"I just thought I should let you know. Maybe you can talk to him." Mom said.

"Yeah, I will." I said. 

We walked back to the rest of my family and I gave everyone a hug. 

"Should I drop you to the airport?" Jon asked. 

"We'll be fine." Dad said. 

"Are you sure?" Jon asked. 

"Yeah, we have a taxi on its way." Dad said. 

We said bye to my parents when the taxi came and went back to our hotel room. 

"Jon, I heard what happened back at the cafe. Were you okay?" I asked as we sat on the bed. 

"Yeah, I.....I got a little emotional.....but I'm fine now." Jon said. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

Jon looked like he was about to burst into tears. 

"Aww, come here." I said, pulling him into a hug as he cried on my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." he said, pulling away. "We were just talking and your mom was talking about how much she loved you and it brought back some memories. I'm just so happy that you have such a loving family who would do anything for you. I don't want you to ever be in my shoes and have no-one." 

"Jon." I said, hugging him. "Don't say you have no-one. You have me and they guys and the girls and everyone at work."

"I....I heard what you and your dad were talking about. About....my ex." Jon said. 

"I didn't say anything. I just said that you were upset because she cheated. That's all." I said. 

"I know. And your dad is right. I didn't tell you the full story. There's more. A lot more." Jon said, shocking me slightly. 

"You don't have to tell me of you don't want to." I said.

"No, I need to tell you this." Jon said. 

Then he explained everything. I was shocked. I couldn't believe Jon went through so much. Jon was a wreck at the end, constantly sobbing. I rubbed his back as I hugged him, trying to comfort him as best as I could. 

"That's why I said we had to leave from our date. Because I saw her." Jon sobbed. "I'm sorry."

"Shh, it's alright." I whispered. 

We both pulled away and I looked at him. 

"Right, stop crying." I said, wiping his tears. "That's not the lunatic I know."

He chuckled and smiled slightly. I held onto his hand, giving him another tight hug. The door opened and in came Joe, Colby, April and Renee. 

"Hey, sorry to interrupt your moment." Joe said. 

"Yeah, well, that's become a regular thing." Jon said, looking at Colby, who was looking away. 

"Hey Jon, were you crying?" April asked. 

"He was but he's fine now. No need to worry." I said. 

"Okay, let's have dinner." Renee said. "By the way, Zoe, you're glowing." 

"Oh my god." I mumbled whilst everyone agreed. 

"You guys did it?" Colby, Joe, Renee and April all said together. 

I looked at Jon, who had turned red. 

*****************

After dinner, we all went into our separate bedrooms. Jon went to change in the bathroom and I changed in the bedroom. I grabbed my book and jumped into bed, pulling the covers over me. I started reading and a few minutes later, Jon came out of the bathroom. 

"Hey, what are you reading?" he asked, climbing into bed next to me. 

"The Fault in our Stars. The best book ever." I said. "I only just started it."

"Can you read to me?" he asked. 

"You're not gonna find it boring?" I asked. 

"Well, I like hearing your voice so I won't." he said. 

"Okay." I said, ruffling his hair. 

He lay down, his head on my stomach. I read a few pages of the book until I heard heavy breathing. I looked down and saw Jon asleep. I smiled and kissed his lips before putting my book down, switching the light off and going to sleep.