Chapter 66: Truth Be Told

It was after the reception and Maya was drunk stumbling around with Jon close behind.

"I can't do this" Jon blurted out and picked Maya up bridal style.

"You're such a child" Jon fussed.

"You're such a child" Maya mimicked in a high pitched voice.

Jon rolled his eyes and carried Maya to her room. He unlocked her door and walked in. Laid her flat on the bed while only looking at her momentarily. Walking to the door he was leaving.

"Don't go" Maya said.

"What?"

"Don't go. I love you"

"But you love Colby too"

There was silence. No words were said just Jon and Maya looking at one another. Jon sat on the other side of bed. He kicked off his shoes and took off his shirt.

"I won't leave you. We have to talk in the morning though" Jon said.

"Did you see how happy April was?" Maya asked.

"I want to be that happy and I'd love to be walking down the aisle one day. For someone who can love me and my baggage"

"I've always loved all of you"

Maya looked at Jon and scooted towards him and laid on his chest. She listened to his heartbeat as he wrapped his arms around her. Silence overcame as Maya and Jon looked at one another. It was a comfortable silence that over took before anyone said anything.

"I honestly don't think you or Colby love me because if you did you wouldn't run back to Renee and he wouldn't run back to his ex, but it's something y'all are wonderful at doing" Maya expressed.

 Jon couldn't find the words to collect that would help him defend his case. She was right and he knew it. Everyone did.

"I need to be looked at as a person and not a prize" Maya said and rolled off of Jon.

"I actually do want to leave me alone please go" Maya said tears brimming her eyes.

"Maya pl-" Jon started but was cut off.

"Go" Maya said and in her drunk state this is the most she's ever been calm and collected.

She opened the door for Jon as Colby was about to knock and stopped himself. They seen the tears in her eyes slowly running down her brown cheeks and for a moment everything stopped for all three of them.

"I'm not a prize to be won. I am a person. A person who is madly in love with both of you, You claim that you feel the same but aren't over your exs and frankly I'm not going too sit here and wait for the both of you to get your shit together. I get that I've grown up around you ever since I was a teenager" Maya stopped and smiled at the last statement she said.

"I was just a teenager I didn't know what I was getting myself into and I didn't know what I'd feel for you because if I did I would've never joined this business. If I can't reach the ultimate happiness with then I can't be with you" Maya said looking between the two men.

She closed the door and locked it. For once in a drunk state being alone and having a full breakdown. Tears running down her face breathing getting heavy. On the other side of the door both men tried to get in but it was no use. Maya cried her heart out and they heard it and could do nothing. They both walked away because they couldn't stand to hear it.

"Jon, what have we done?" Colby asked. Jon looked at him as he tried to find the right words.

"We messed up big time" Jon said.

"She's right though. All of it. Every last word had truth behind it. I do love her and you do too so you'd need to make her a priority" Jon said.

"Me?" Colby questioned.

"I'm not stable enough and you are" Jon said

"You know what's ironic. I was goin to say the same thing to you" Colby said.

Both men looked at one another. As if they're waiting for one another to say that they were joking or that they were going to go back after her.

"This has ruined our friendship and I feel like we should fix it immediately" Colby said Jon nodded in agreement.

"I feel like we should just keep her as a friend. Like how we were in the shield" Jon suggested.

"Nothing will ever be like it was when we were in the shield" Colby said.

"That's one thing that'll be hard. Treating her like she's just an ordinary person when she means the world to us" Jon informed Colby.

"I'm going to call it a night" Colby said and walked back into the hotel leaving Jon.

He stopped pass Maya's room one more time. Only just to hear her still crying and a male voice on the inside. He stormed off leaving his thoughts everywhere.

"Maybe it's best"