F R I E N D S

I slowly sat down at the table as everyone greeted me and Rih. Rih and I greeted them back. I sat next to Rih as I pulled out my phone.

I texted her "MY FUCKING EX IS HERE!"

Her eyes widened when she saw my text and she mouthed to me "WHERE?!"

I looked over at Jose and then quickly back at her. She covered her mouth realizing who it was. I hit her with my arm signaling her to stop being so dramatic.

"So are yall sisters?" One of Mina's friends asked drawing the attention to us.

"No we're just really good friends." Rih replied smiling at me.

"You actually look like you could be Puerto Rican" Another one of Mina's friends said to me as smiling.

"She's just white as hell" Jose said making a few people laugh.

"No, I'm black and white" I replied smiling.

"Welllll your ass is more white than it is black" Jose said angrily.

"And you're more balls than you are dick." I replied making everyone gasp.

Rih quickly covered my mouth as smiling at everyone.

"Excuse my friend yall, Jose is just her ex and you know how that can be" Rih said as fakely laughing.

She let her hand down and then made a face at me signaling me to behave.

"Well, we don't need all this negative energy so how about Jose and Niyah go talk outside for a sec." Mina said as looking at us.

"I agree." I replied as standing up. Jose then stood up and quickly walked past me.

We both stood outside clueless about what to say to each other.

Me and Jose's relationship was just a quick fling to me. We were friends at first and we decided to take it further and when it didn't work out we just went our separate ways, I didn't know he was angry about it.

"I don't get why you're mad." I said as sitting down at one of the restaurants tables outside. He sat across from me and then shrugged.

"Seeing you just pissed me off." He replied.

"Yeah... But I don't get why. We were friends before anything, remember?"

"Yeah I remember, you were the one that forgot. After we broke up you just cut me off. That's one of the main things I was afraid of, that's why it took me so long to tell you how I felt because I knew if we broke up we wouldn't be friends anymore. But shit, I thought you were different and would've actually stuck around. You just had me wondering what I did so wrong. My bad." He said as getting up.

"No! Jose it wasn't like that!" I replied stopping him in his tracks.  "I was young, we both were. When I was younger when there was a situation that got hard I just ran before I had to fix it. I'm sorry I hurt you Jose but I didn't leave because you did anything wrong, it was because of the shit I still had to fix about myself before I could truly be with anybody."

He smiled and nodded.

"Soooo. Am I really more balls than dick?" He asked making me laugh.

"I only gave you head once and that one time alone had my throat sore for a couple days" I replied making him chuckle.

He put his arm around my shoulder as I put my number in his phone.

We're friends again.