D O W N

Me and DeAndre's mom sat outside Layla's house as she handed me her mace.

"What do you need this for?" His mom curiously asked not knowing about the situation that I'm about to walk into.

"I don't even trust walking to a front door around here." I replied as nervously laughing. She nodded as watching me get out of the car.

I then saw Rose walking towards the house as rubbing her eyes. I  heard Layla scream and I ran into the house. I saw Khalil over top of her holding her by her shirt. Her face was bloody and she was crying her eyes out.

I ran up to him punching him in the head. He then punched me in the face knocking me to the floor.

Rose ran in and jumped on his back. Layla got up and began to punch him in the face. He pulled Rose from off of his back and punched her in the nose. I got up wiping the blood from my lip and quickly pulled out the mace and began to spray him in the face. He screamed in pain as he fell to the floor. Layla and Rose began to cough as moving away and fanning the air. Rose then kicked him in the head as he held onto his eyes.

"What the fuck is going on in here?" DeAndre's mom asked as walking in. She looked around at all of us shocked.

"You okay daughter?" She asked as grabbing the mace from out of my hand.

Khalil continued to scream in pain as holding his eyes.

"I'm taking all 3 of you to the hospital." She said as looking at us.

"What about him?" Layla cried.

She helped him up and grabbed him by his shirt. She walked him over to the front door then threw him out.

"Lock the door behind yall." His mom said as stepping to him.

We all followed behind her locking the door behind us.

Rose then kicked Khalil in the stomach making him cough.

"Come on!" His mom yelled.

We all got into her car and sat silently.

"What happened back there?" She asked as driving.

"He's been beating Layla the fuck senseless for these past couple months." Rose said as wiping her bleeding nose.

"You girls gotta be smart with handling a nigga like that. And what yall just did was stupid as shit." She replied.

We arrived at the hospital and after a few hours of waiting and test I finally found out that the baby is fine.

Once I was discharged I quickly went to check on Layla and Rose.

I walked into Rose's room first and she sat on the bed looking terrified.

"What's wrong?" I asked nervously.

"I'm pregnant." She replied as a smile grew on her face.

"Oh my god really?" I replied shocked.

"The doctor just told me"

She then called Tyrese, her boyfriend. She put him on speaker after telling him and he began to cry tears of joy. I began to smile as covering my mouth. I hugged her happy for her.

I wish I felt the same when I found out I was pregnant.