H U N G R Y

One Week Later

I woke up trying to forget about everything, as if I could. I walked into the kitchen looking for breakfast.

"Okay! Please stop calling." I heard DeAndre's little cousin, Ella yell over the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked as grabbing out a pint of milk from the fridge.

"That ugly white girl DeAndre with she wont stop calling and yelling at me." she replied. I rolled my eyes as grabbing the phone from out her hand.

The phone then began to ring again and I quickly answered it.

"Hello?!" I yelled.

"Who this?!" she replied.

"Bitch shut the fuck up and stop calling hoe!" I yelled.

"Excuse me?!"

"Bitch you heard me!"

I walked out onto the balcony as hanging up on Layla. She then began to call again, I picked up but this time it was her best friend who answered.

"Stop calling this phone bitches! DeAndre isnt here call the fuck back later!" I yelled.

"Bitch shut the fuck up you just mad that DeAndre was just here last night sucking on Layla neck! She got hickies and everything bitch!" She yelled back.

"Bitch no one cares about ya friend nasty ass rash on her neck! He aint my nigga she can have him."

I then hung up on her and threw DeAndres phone over the balcony. Rain poured down on top of it and I smiled with joy.

Ella ran up next to me looking down at the grass below.

"What'd you do?" She asked frantically.

"There. Silence." I replied as walking away.

DeAndre got home and quickly heard about the location of his phone.

He then came downstairs to his moms bestfriends apartment to confront me. I could hear him yelling from where I was seated in her dining room.

"Where the fuck my phone at?!" He yelled. I shrugged. "Fuck you mean you dont know?! Where the fuck is my phone?!"

"Woah, hold up whats going on?" His mom asked trying to calm him down.

"Ella said she threw my phone off the balcony." He replied.

"I dont know what hes talking about" I said as shrugging.

"Niyah did you throw his phone?"

"Maybe." I replied.

DeAndre then snatched my phone from out of my hand.

"DeAndre!" His mom yelled.

"Give me my phone!" I screamed. 

"You go get mines first bitch!"

I finally went and got his phone from where I had thrown it and threw it at him.

"Here." He then threw my phone to the ground shattering it and the battery had slid somewhere in the kitchen.

"I gave you your phone back its not even broken and you break mines! Im about to snap the fuck out!" I yelled as the rage grew inside of me. I then picked up a shoe and threw it at him.

"Niyah!" his mom yelled as grabbing me.

"Fight me you fucking bastard!" I yelled at DeAndre as trying to push past her. She then pushed me into her friends room and locked the door from the outside.

I screamed with anger wanting to destroy everything in site but i didnt. I reminded myself of who and where I was. I eventually calmed myself down and was ready to walk out of the room but the door was locked.

"You ready to come out?" His mom asked.

"I'm ready, and I'm fucking leaving." I replied as she opened the door. I walked past her a stage of rage. There was no place for me here anymore no space for me at my mom's house. I just had to go, run away.

I had never felt so much pain at once in my entire life. I was a leaf blowing in the wind, I was loosing myself so swiftly and I felt it. My soul felt like it was fleeing my body.

The next couple of weeks were a blur. A drunken, high, twisted, surreal blur. I was smoking weed and drinking every single day. Spending a couple of nights at my moms and some at my friends just jumping from place to place. No where felt like home anymore. Yet I smiled with my friends, laughed and made memorable moments along with sharing our deepest thoughts and feelings. Attempting to flee every last one of our problems and not feel a thing, bonding over the things that haunt us. 

After all of this somehow, someway, I found myself back at DeAndre's. I guess it was the one place I felt ... Safe? His mom accepted me with open arms, as I knew she would.

That was where I for some reason decided I wanted to take my man back.