L O V E

I sat in class next to my good friend Layla impatiently waiting for the day to be over. I'm exhausted and just want to smoke a fat ass blunt.

As soon as I was able to leave I got up and walked out with pride. I got through another day of school which made me proud of myself. I have an issue with coming on time or coming at all. I just hate being around all the attitudes and fake faces. I'd rather be at home in my bed comfortable, but comfort is a dangerous thing.

I began to walk with Layla and my other good friend Rose. I couldn't wait to get to her house and roll up.

"Khalil is getting the fuck on my nerves" Layla yelled angrily.

"Girl, what'd his ass do now?" I asked.

"Who ass I gotta beat?" Rose added.

Layla chuckled and shook her head as we arrived at Rose's house. I sat down on the porch as Rose walked in to light our blunts on the stove since none of us had a lighter.

"I'm done with this shit." Layla said as looking up at me.

"I know." I replied softly as rubbing her cheek.

It hurt me so much to see someone I cared so much about hurt. Especially over a guy. I just don't get it. Why would someone take someone as amazing as Layla for granted. She loves him cares for him motivates him and supports him like no other girl will yet it's not enough for him. But the truth is it's too much, he doesn't deserve any of it. But this is how it is when you're in love, you sometimes blindly give up so much to receive something so little.

Khalil then pulled up in his car and ran up to us. He  pulled Layla by her hair off of the chair she was sitting on. Him and her began to fist fight and I jumped in continuously hit punched him trying to get him off of her.

Rose then walked outside shocked and began to kick Khalil in the head. We all jumped him but Layla stopped us.

"Stop you're hurting him!" She cried. Khalil laid on the ground with his hands over his head.

"But Layla, look at your lip." Rose said with a tear running down her cheek. Rose tried to touch Layla's face but she quickly pulled away.

"Come on Khalil" Layla said as helping him up.

Rose spit on his back as they walked down the steps. He stood at his car door and looked back at us.

"Crazy bitches Ima have yall asses jumped!" He yelled.

"Shut the fuck up and fix your hair line first!" Rose yelled back. I chuckled as a tear ran down my cheek. I wiped it away as they drove away.

Rose pulled me in for a hug and then she threw the chair from off the porch.