B A N D - A I D

Khalil began to hit me as Carlos quickly tried to block Khalil's punches. The bus driver stomped on the breaks as Carlos continuously punched Khalil. Everyone on the bus stared and some teens recorded. The bus driver then came to the back of the bus breaking Carlos and Khalil up. He kicked all three of us off the bus.

Khalil began to angrily walk away as Carlos yelled at him.

"You pussy ass nigga that's what I thought! You don't hit no female!" Carlos yelled to Khalil's back. Carlos then began to try to run up on him but I quickly grabbed his arm.

"Who was that nigga anyways?" He asked trying to calm himself down.

"My friends ex boyfriend." I muttered.

I could feel the tension growing back up in Carlos's body as he balled up his fist.

"Hey, walk me to therapy?" I asked trying to distract him. He nodded and slightly smiled.

We both walked awkwardly and silently. I looked up at him smiling. I noticed a scratch on his face and I quickly stopped him.

"I've got alcohol pads in my purse and a band-aid." I said tracing the scratch with my finger. He nodded smiling then sat down on a bench.

I sat down next to him digging through my purse, I kept looking until I finally found them.

"Wella! I found them!" I said making him smile.

"Your purse." He replied shaking his head and smiling. "It's such a mess." He said making me laugh.

"Hush it's not that dirty." I replied playfully hitting his arm. He laughed so loudly and weirdly, this was the first time I truly heard him laugh. His laugh sounded so funny it began to make me laugh.

My phone began to ring and I realized it was my therapist.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Niyah, you still coming in today?" She asked.

"Oh shit." I replied realizing what time it was.

"Is that a no?"

"No no, I'll be there."

"Okay see you soon Niyah."

I then hung up and looked at Carlos who focused on me.

"Whatchu looking at?" I asked.

"You." He replied as smiling.

"....Well I gotta get to therapy. You okay from here?"

"I'm good."

I nodded as holding my hands out for a hug. He stood up hugging me tightly. His colonge smelled so good. He was so warm like a teddy bear, I almost didn't want to let go.