D A D

We ran into the living room and found his mom laying on the floor holding onto her chest. She was having another heart attack.  I quickly leaned down holding her head up. DeAndre looked down at her shocked with tears coming down his face.

"DeAndre! Call an ambulance!" I said snapping him out of shock.

He ran out of the room looking for his phone. I looked down at his mom telling her everything is going to be okay and to just breath.

I then looked around the dark room and saw a dark figure standing in the corner. My heart began to race and I called DeAndre repeatedly. He ignored frantically talking to the operater on the phone.

I began to cry as my heart pounded. His mom looked up at me with tears running down her face. She held onto her chest trying to catch her breath. I began to try to get her up as the dark figure watched. She finally got ahold of my shoulder as I stood up holding her by her side. I walked into the bathroom sitting her on the toilet. I then left locking the door behind me. I ran into DeAndre's room grabbing a knife I hid in his closet. I slowly walked down the hallway into the living room looking for the dark figure.

DeAndre followed behind me asking what was wrong. I couldn't speak, I was in full attack mode. He snatched the knife out of my hand as yelling in my face.

I quickly turned on the light in the living room and saw a tall man standing in the corner with a evil smirk.

"Dad?" DeAndre asked as staring at the man shocked.

"What?!" I asked scared to death.

"Why the fuck would they let you out?!" He yelled angrily.

He ran up to him and punched him in the face. They began to fight as I finally heard the sirens outside. I banged on the bathroom door telling his mom help is finally here. I continued to bang but no answer. I then frantically used the knife to unlock the door. I cried as I found his mom on the floor unconscious. I cried as picking her up. A cop walked in quickly breaking DeAndre and his dad up. They were both bloody in the face. 

Two paramedics came up to me taking his mom out of my hands and placing her in a hospital bed.

"I found a pulse! Let's get her out of here!" One of the paramedics yelled. They then rolled her out of the house and into the ambulance. I felt a sense of relief before watching the cop put handcuffs on both DeAndre and his Dad.

"He didn't do anything! It was self defense!" I frantically said to the cop. He looked over at me as I cried and grabbed DeAndre and his dad by the arms.

"You both have the right to remain silent anything you say-" he began.

My mind drifted off. I felt a sense of panick as my breathing sped up.

Everything then went black.