M I S S I O N S

I looked over at my younger sisters all eating around the dinner table. Nothing made me happier than to see my sisters smiling and roasting each other over a meal that I made. See, our family is different. We're not afraid to compliment each other nor are we afraid to insult each other. But even after everything we've been through, we always have each others backs. Because at most points all we had was each other. 

My mom slept peacefully in my bedroom, which was now hers. I then heard a knock on the back door, I seemed to be the only person who heard it. I opened the door and saw one of my mom's baby daddy's standing there smoking a blunt.

"Ya mom home?" He asked.

"Nope, come back another time." I replied as rolling my eyes.

I then tried to close the door but he grabbed my arm pulling my outside.

"Get off of me!" I yelled angrily.

"You so sexy, DeAndre never deserved you. You're too good for him." He mumbled.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled.

"What you doing with a fuck up like him anyways?" 

I pushed him away and quickly opened the door. He pushed me in causing me to fall on the floor. 

All of my sisters walked over and Elle quickly walked up to him.

"What the fuck you doing nigga?!" She yelled at him.

"Where my daughter?" He asked angrily.

"I don't wanna see you." Saniya, his daughter cried.

"Girl you gonna come give me a hug before I pop you." He yelled!

"She aint gotta do shit! What do you think you popping up every 6 months is enough for you to be able to punish her! If you don't do all the other things that it takes to be a father, then don't try to do this!" I yelled.

"That's still my daughter!" 

"And that's still my sister! And I act like more of a father to her than you do!"

I could tell my words had cut deep, but my mom has allowed him to walk all over her, use and abuse her. Well I'm not my mom, I'm stronger than that and will not allow it.

I sat on the phone with Rose trying to clear my mind of what had just happened. There's so much toxic shit in my life that I'm tired of dealing with. But I have missed her, so much.

"Gurlll, if I were you I'd watch out for him. He has rapist tendencies." Rose said bluntly.

"Wait what?" I asked confused, I just thought he was a drug addict.

"You're always the one he goes after, calling you sexy and grabbing on your face because he sees your strength and how strong you are. He wants to break you Niyah, don't let him."

I nodded, knowing what she was saying was true.