Chapter 17

Gaster's POV:

Frisk and (N/m) had walked inside and Frisk yells excitedly, "Gaster, you should hear (N/m) sing!"

"Frisk, why?!" (N/m) retaliates.

"(N/m), come on, I heard you singing! It's not like it's horrendous or anything!" Choose to sing/to not sing:

If you choose to sing, continue here:

(N/m) sighs. "Fine.... I'll sing, but only a little tune!" (N/m) thinks about what to sing for a minute. Eventually, she starts singing a beautiful melody.

After she finishes, Frisk and I applaud to her soothing voice. "(N/m), it's like the melody was like string, and you weaved it into a beautiful textile," I reply.

"Th-thanks...," she stutters and blushes. She's really cute.

If you choose to not sing, continue here:

"Frisk, no."

"Aww, please, (N/m)?"

"No!" Frisk looks at me to see if I can help. I just shrug back and say, "Frisk, if (N/m) doesn't want to sing, then you can't make her."

"Alright, but (N/m), you have to promise me to sing in front of everyone in this household!"

"Okay, okay, I promise."

Story continues:

Frisk goes upstairs and leaves Gaster and I alone. Before I say something to break the silence, Undyne and Alphys enter the house. "Hey, punks! How's it going?" she asks. "And please don't make any puns this time."

"No promises, Undyne, but I'll try." Undyne sighs.

"Good, I don't really feel like having another Sans here while I'm in a not-so-pleasant mood." Undyne leaves and Alphys follows after her in silence. Did something happen? I wonder.

Gaster and I spend the rest of the day chatting about the week and what plans we have for other days. "Well, with more magic sparks appearing, I'll be really busy and probably won't be able to keep up with how much work you scientists demand," (N/m) says.

"We can slow down, but we need as many magic sparks as we can get."

"I can only do one per day, but eventually, I'll be able to do two. It'll take about 2 or 3 years." The souls fly down into the room and interrupt our conversation. "Hey, (N/m)! Do you want to play with us or teach us some magic?" Perseverance asks (purple soul). "And who's this?"

"Oh, this is Gaster."

"Hello," I reply.

"Hello!" all the souls reply in unison.

"(N/m), since when did you have 5 different souls again? I'm going to get some paper to jot this down for later research. We need as much information as we can get." I get some paper and a pencil from my room. I return and (N/m) starts telling me what happened when she started stabilizing the magic spark.