Chapter 44

(N/m)'s POV:

Retribution and I walk around the neighborhood because we had nothing better to do. "Remember when those people with guns came to you, and I saved your ***?" he asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"Who do you think they were?"

"Hell if I know, why? Whatcha gonna do?"

"I know we kicked their ***es, but I have a feeling they'll come back."

"They probably will, I've just got to keep an eye out for them."

"Now, who said anything about just you?"

"What do you mean? I don't want the others getting wound up into this. They already have enough to deal with."

"I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about you and me keeping an eye out."

"But, you're leaving this universe in a couple days."

"That doesn't mean anything right now. I'm always needed somewhere, and right now, it's here in this universe."

"So, you're sticking around a little longer?"

"Only until I'm needed somewhere else." I hug him.

"Thanks." He tips his hat.

"You're welcome." We walk back into the house. Everything is chaos. Nobody has seemed to noticed that Retribution and I walked inside. I look to Retribution. He looks at me and signals that he's going to whistle to get everyone's attention in the living room. I nod. I follow him into the living room, and he whistles. Everybody stops and looks to Retribution. "What in tarnation is going on here?" he asks. "Everybody looks like chickens with their heads cut off."

"It's Frisk, Chara, and Asriel. They're missing!" Toriel exclaims. My eyes widen. Shock was evident in Retribution's face as well.

"I swear if I find whoever did this-" Sans starts off. He gets interrupted by Asgore.

"Now, hold on, Sans. I understand your anger, but right now, you need to calm down."

"How can I calm down when 3 teenagers from this household are missing?!"

"Sans...." Papyrus trails off and sighs. I try to think of something to ameliorate the situation and fail. There wasn't anything I could do. I didn't have the ability to find missing people, neither did Retribution. I get tears in my eyes and stare at the ground. I didn't like not being able to help somebody. I never did. I just couldn't do anything. My tears start falling down my face. I haven't cried in a very long time.

"(N/m), are you okay?" Undyne asks. My wings appear because of how sad I was. They cover my face. "(N/m)?"

"No. There isn't anything I can do to help. I'm sorry." I run out of the house and fly into the sky as fast as I could. I wasn't thinking. I just needed to get away.