Chapter 38

(N/m)'s POV:

It was 15 hours after the date crash. That's what I'm calling it. Gaster didn't have any injuries, and I was still trying to calm down about the whole event. Where did they get that many people? How did they get many people? These questions kept circling through my head over and over.

Gaster was trying to get me to stop thinking about it since this morning. He still wasn't having any success. "(N/m), please. Stop blaming yourself. It's not going to get you anywhere."

"I could have prevented all of that from happening," I said for about the 30th time. I was on the verge of tears. "Nothing bad would have happened. You wouldn't have gotten hurt. The date would have been fine."

"I got to be able to fly with you."

"We could have flown anyway!"

"But would we really have flown under normal circumstances?"

"Flying doesn't matter! I could have prevented that!" Gaster wraps his arms around me, hugging me. I hug him and begin crying.

"It's okay, (N/m), it's okay."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is." Gaster picks me up and carries me to his room. His room was like mine, except more science-y with motivational science quotes on posters. He is a scientist after all. Gaster puts me down on his bed and sits down next to me. He cups one of his hands on my face and begins wiping my tears away. He also kisses me on the cheek. I blush a little.

After a few minutes, I stop crying and hug Gaster. He had finally calmed me down from all the stress that I felt. "Feeling better?" he asks.

"Mhm," I reply.

"Are you still stressed about everything?"

"... I don't know."

"Will you let me help with that?"

"You've already calmed me down, so why not?"

"Can you reveal your wings? I want to see them again." I reveal my wings. "They're so beautiful. Were you born with them?"

"I was, and thank you."

"You're welcome." He starts massaging me and goes around where my wings join with my shoulders. "G-Gaster, I-I'm sensitive there." I blush.

"You're like Alphys in front of Undyne."

"But I'm not Alphys, and you're not Undyne."

"I know I'm not."

"Then please don't call me Alphys."

"Have I ever called you Alphys before a minute ago?"

"No, but don't do it."

"(N/m), just relax."

"Fine." He continues his work, and I start purring like a cat in enjoyment. We both notice it. I blush in embarrassment.

"You can purr? No wonder you're sensitive there."

"Don't get any ideas."

"I'm not." I eventually had enough with him making me purr, and so I get up and leave his room after making my wings disappear.